PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for MAY 2009!!!

2kidsunder5
17-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi all

A lady rang me months ago when she first found out she was pregnant and wanted a place for 2 full days starting MAY 09!! I explained then it was difficult as 2 of my parents were also pregnant and I asked if she could possibly ring me nearer the time. She has rang back today (still not had the baby).

She has asked if she can come to see me on Friday and she definitely wants the place as she only lives across the road from me so it's very convenient and does not want to loose the place.

I know it's a long time away but she really wants to book the place. What do you suggest I charge her for keeping the place open so long? I was thinking maybe £100 which is not refundable if she changes her mind but I would deduct it from her fee when the baby starts???

Thanks
Diane

P.S. Sorry not been around for ages hope everyone is well :-)

SimplyLucy
17-06-2008, 10:44 AM
You would lose out on a lot more than £100 between now and next May if you tried to keep the place open for her.

My policy states that if a place is to be held open for more than 1 month I require a non refundable retainer fee (1/2 fee). In the case of a baby the retainer is chargable once the baby is 1 month old (thats the age I'd be willing to mind from).
If the space is required sooner or for odd occassions during the retainer period then full fee for those times are required.

deeb66
17-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi Diane

Thought I hadn't seen you for a while and wondered where you were.

I personally wouldn't hold a place for that long as anything can happen in that time.

If she really wants to come and see you and you are happy for that then go ahead but I would tell her that you will put her on your waiting list but will of course cannot guarantee anything as it is impossible to say what would happen in a year.

The best thing might be to approach you again 3-4 months before she wants the child to start and you will be able to either commit to her or tell her you do not have the vacancy.

Let us know what you decide.

katickles
17-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I agree with Dee.

What if you have only full timers on your books at the time - you wouldn't want to cut them down because of this?

I personally find enquiries for that far ahead really difficult.

Good luck anyway :)

Rubybubbles
17-06-2008, 12:10 PM
;) you never know whats going to happen!

I had an enquiry april 07 for oct 08:eek: , but as it happens I'm moving (hubby raf), and you can not take any fee to hold a space until the baby is born, just a thought

angeldelight
17-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree with Dee

Hope you work something out but if you are going to do it I would charge her hell of a heck more than £100 to be honest

I would tell her to call back later in the year though just incase you get someone else

Hope you are ok did wonder where you are - where have you been ?? How are things ?

Angel xx

2kidsunder5
17-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi all

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should have mentioned that I only work 2 days a week during school hours. I already have 3 plus my own 2 before and after school every day from 7:30 till 6:30 (long days during school hols!!!) At the moment I mind a 15 month old and a 2 year old on the 2 days I work, I know that the 2 year old will be leaving early next year as he is moving to Salisbury.

Will have to have a think but I do agree it's a long time to keep a place open for some one.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks
Diane

2kidsunder5
17-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I agree with Dee

Hope you are ok did wonder where you are - where have you been ?? How are things ?

Angel xx

Hi Angel

Things are great thanks, just been very busy and don't seem to get much time these days. As you read I only have kids 2 days a week (I have before and after school every day). My best friend has just opened her own florist and I have been spending quite a lot of time helping her out. Also been doing my NVQ and along with Rainbows time just seems to pass me by.

I do get on here from time to time and find myself reading threads and then not having time to reply :eek:

Also, there seem to be a lot of name changes and I have to keep going back to the list and try and work out who is who!!
Hope you are OK and everything is good with you and yours.

Love Diane x

Pudding Girl
17-06-2008, 06:12 PM
blimey if only all parents were so organised!!

cloud9
17-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi all

A lady rang me months ago when she first found out she was pregnant and wanted a place for 2 full days starting MAY 09!! I explained then it was difficult as 2 of my parents were also pregnant and I asked if she could possibly ring me nearer the time. She has rang back today (still not had the baby).

She has asked if she can come to see me on Friday and she definitely wants the place as she only lives across the road from me so it's very convenient and does not want to loose the place.

I know it's a long time away but she really wants to book the place. What do you suggest I charge her for keeping the place open so long? I was thinking maybe £100 which is not refundable if she changes her mind but I would deduct it from her fee when the baby starts???

Thanks
Diane

P.S. Sorry not been around for ages hope everyone is well :-)

I'd agree with everyone else just tell her that you cannot possibly hold a place for that long, losing that much income. If she is adament she wants the place she would have to pay 1/2 fee's from now until then to secure the place and this fee is non-refundable.