PDA

View Full Version : waiting for my pre-reg ICP FORMS

kez
17-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Well i have decided on becoming a childminder the last couple of weeks, i have a 4 months baby and after having him i enjoyed looking after children, i wanted to do it when i was younger but didnt, so know i have the opportunity i contacted my council a couple of days ago and just waiting for the Ppre-reg Icp forms to start the course in sep this year the council are also going to be paying for my heath and first aid course, which is great?

The women i spoke didnt really tell me much just that it takes around 4-5 months from the start of the course including waiting for ofsted's report?

does anyone know how long the course it self lasts ?
do you go to college on a daily basis? is it full time or part-time a week? because i will need to know so i can arrange childcare for my child?

thanks alot x x x x

aly
17-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Im on the ICP course myself which is in a learning centre but it depends where you are...
My course is 3 hours, 1 day ]eve] a week for 6 weeks with the 7th week being thge exam.

The forms we have we get weekly at the course.

Have you been on the briefing session yet?

kez
17-06-2008, 09:29 AM
no not yet have to fill the forms in first then the briefing session then course will start september?

Hopefully it will be good times to do it on? will have to wait and see?

thank you x x x

aly
17-06-2008, 10:07 AM
What forms do you have to fill in?

I don't remember having to fill forms in YET?

Annie_T
17-06-2008, 11:42 AM
i didnt have wait for forms - booked it over phone.
I had to attend 3 saturday sessions - 9.30 - 3pm basically (2 woere slightly shorter by 10mins or what ever it was lol)

i then had wait bout month for my multi question test and then had wait for my results another month give or take a bit.

hope that helps hun... area's run it different to each other really so it be hard to say but least you get an idea of how long x

good luck

tulip0803
17-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Aly the CSSIW application is done differently from OFSTED. In Wales you don't do any forms until after ICP course. Don't worry you will be told when you are ready to fill forms in for CSSIW:) .

aly
17-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Aly the CSSIW application is done differently from OFSTED. In Wales you don't do any forms until after ICP course. Don't worry you will be told when you are ready to fill forms in for CSSIW:) .

lol..i must remember we do things differently ;)

x