PDA

View Full Version : Confusion has set in and i havent even started yet!

kimmy79
13-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone, im kim and this is my first thread :panic: I would really love to get my own childminding business up and running and i have been researching the internet for the last few months to get an idea of what is needed course wise to get started and ive got to say that im completley baffled!!

Please could somebody, in simple terms, tell me what courses are essential to get started/registered??!

I understand the EYFS course is one that is needed and i have found an online course for this but before i spend out on courses that i dont need i would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

I have children of my own and am a qualified teaching assistant so being with children is nothing new to me but the contradictions on childminding essentials has completley thrown me, one website says something opposite to another and i feel like im going around in circles!

Any information and advice will be massively appreciated! :)

sarah707
13-09-2012, 06:04 PM
You should check with your local authority - many have courses that you must attend before they will let you register.

Good luck! :D

Footprints
13-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Look on the ncma website and definitely contact your council before you pay for any courses as you will need to complete a course that is approved by the council. You will also need first aid. Good luck I'm going through all this now.