PDA

View Full Version : Help??

jules5
12-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Not sure if im posting this in right area for a start!

I mind a 3 1/2 yr old girls 20 hrs aweek, she has just started preschool but only for 5 hrs a week on an afternoon, iv been told by my cm co that i do the tracker and learning file because i have her the most, so just been to drop her off a pre school and they are insisting that its them that should do it as they get the gov funding (the 15 hrs a week even tho she only goes 5hr). I said no thats not right but they more or less told me i havent a clue what im talking about and because iv had this child almost 4 mth they want everything in her file!
If i give them this then i have nothing to show Ofsted when they come to grade me!
Someone please tell me its me that should carry on doing everything and not them?!
They made me feel really stupid and doubt myself :mad:

miffy
12-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I have several children who also attend other settings - I do a learning journey for them all and so do the other settings. The eyfs says that practitioners should work together and offer children experiences that support what they are learning in other settings.

I would not hand over your file to the preschool but it would be great (with mum's permission) for you to get together with the child's keyworker there and share your information. Make some notes about what preschool are planning for the child and get the keyworker to sign it then put it in your file.

It may be they are confused about the early years profile which is completed at the end of reception and is done by the setting the child spends most time in - usually school.

Miffy xx

jules12345
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
They were def talking about the learning journey and trackers, i have spoken to my support worker again and she said to keep doing what im doing, i was just so shocked at the way they spoke to me, she was saying that i had no legal req to do a learning journey i was getting madder and madder if im honest! Im going to arrange reg meetings with them so make sure we are working together to keep the child along the right lines xx thank you for your response x

madmamma
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Do an interim assessment sheet and give that to the preschool.
They should then be doing their own observations whilst child is at THEIR setting, and you do the same for when child is at YOUR setting.
Every month/3 months/whatever, try to agree to arrange to meet with the childs keyworker and share information from both settings

blue bear
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
When I have a child start pre school I do a summative assessment and a likes and dislikes form with a few photos of child playing here. I give this to parent to take to pre school.
I am happy with parental permission to take my lj in and share info, at one preschool we photo copy each others lj's so where ever parent is she gets to see the whole lj, but at another we just send each other odd observations and plans/newsletters that would be helpful to the other setting.

The lj's at my house stay here along with all my plans and any other development checks, no way would I be handing everything over to them,we need to work together not do all the work for them.
Carry on as you are but share any relevant info with them.

sarah707
12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I give other settings summary assessments but no way would I hand over a LJ - that is my memory book of the child's time with me for her parents... the other setting is welcome to look at it but they are not taking credit for my hard work!!

You are absolutely right with what you are saying. Hugs xx

funemnx
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I do a summative assessment every term and take it into playschool with the whole learning journal, leave it with them for a week and then collect it - the keyworker is great, she always writes a comment and I use some of playschools planning here. In return I write in playschools journal for the child. No way would I let them keep it!

jules12345
15-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, you have put my mind at rest, i knew i was right just needed confirmation from people that knew the score, im going to have to go in on Monday and put them straight x

migimoo
15-09-2012, 07:27 PM
I do a summative assessment and some sheets with child's comments and some pics for them to put in nursery LJ-also give them my LJ for a couple of days but just to have a look at not to keep....that's MY hard work!!!