PDA

View Full Version : DARK AND COOLER NIGHTS ...

angeldelight
12-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Have you been putting your heating on yet?

It was freezing here last night such a change from last weeks lovely weather.

Do you like the dark nights,snuggled up on the sofa?

Angel xxx

AliceK
12-09-2012, 09:19 AM
I hate the dark nights and I hate the dark mornings and I hate the cold.
Sorry, am feeling very miserable right now :(

xx

tess1981
12-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Heating on as I type... it has rained almost all summer (Northern Ireland) and is still raining now :mad:

I love the dark evenings and fire lit and the house all clean and tidy with children in bed, then I get my time... tv and tea:clapping:)

tess1981
12-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I hate the dark nights and I hate the dark mornings and I hate the cold.
Sorry, am feeling very miserable right now :(

xx

I must be t
he polar opposite of you love it all :D
:cold::group hug:

Maza
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
I just love the fact that we get seasons in this country. Would hate to live somewhere where it is the same all year round, be that hot or cold. I love it when a new season begins, it makes me all nostalgic. Must admit, I love winter clothes because I don't have to worry about revealing too much fat or my pale legs!

Ripeberry
12-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I love having the fire lit in those dark afternoons in December when its just me and the ligjt from the fire. Very cozy :-)

Jods
12-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Heating not on yet, but then I have yeti type tolerances - however my horses are going fuzzy - so am going to start rugging them up in lightweights x

louise
12-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I burnt popcorn yesterday and I can still smell it. I'm not happy about having to have the windows and back door open. I hate being cold but I love it when the seasons change each season means something new and exciting. It's the rain I hate the most but that is here all year. As much as I hate the cold I love it when it snows. I wonder with the Olympics and jubilee we can have a white christmas to finish the year off. How long ago was it since we had the last one?
The one joy of working from home is that it doesn't feel so bad when its cold and dark when you start/finish work as your at home anyway.

tess1981
12-09-2012, 09:47 AM
We had a white Christmas not last year but the 2 years previous to that... the weather was so bad and I normally love the snow

louise
12-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Tess I had just googled and seen that. I remember it causing problems through out the month but ours had melted by Christmas day, so that must of been why I had forgotten.

PixiePetal
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
It's quite nice here today :thumbsup: but then I don't like it hot anyway :D

no heating on yet and still got the summer duvet :)

Dragonfly
12-09-2012, 10:14 AM
No heating yet, not November is it? :laughing:

kellib
12-09-2012, 10:19 AM
My heating isn't going on until after my October holiday :D

jaswinder bedi
12-09-2012, 11:57 AM
No heating, but yes blanket in the evening when sat down!!!:D dont like winter its getting dark!!!:(

Roseolivia
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I like the dark nights when you lock your door, shut the curtains and put the kids to bed. Like the dark mornings because my 2 may sleep a little later but then i don't want to get out of bed.

It was chilly last night, no heating on yet though.

tess1981
12-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Tess I had just googled and seen that. I remember it causing problems through out the month but ours had melted by Christmas day, so that must of been why I had forgotten.

ours lasted for a few weeks and 2 decembers ago the children could not get to school for 3-4 weeks (not crashing car on a school run) but i love looking out ar the snow and being cosy inside

loocyloo
12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
no heating on here, house isn't particuarly warm, but kitchen is toasty due to aga! we all put on an extra jumper before heating goes on, plus LO always buzzing around so no chance to get cold!

mushpea
12-09-2012, 01:28 PM
still ok here so no heating on,, I dont like putting it on too early in the season as we dont then feel the difference when its really cold. I love the Autumn season with the changing colours and frosty sunny days,, I love the winter with the frost and the snow, I dont mind the rain but I do hate it when the wind blows and its raining and it hurts your head. I like going for walks on frosty days or getting over the allotment and preparing it for the spring.
summers ok but I'm not one for the really hot days.