PDA

View Full Version : Selling a car - what do you think of this?

Mouse
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm sure some of you will have an opinion on this, so don't hold back :laughing:

We're selling one of our cars - an old but, reliable 7 seater. Only asking about £850 for it.

We had someone come to look at it earlier. He said if he gave us £250 now, would we keep it for 2 weeks & he'd come back then with the rest of the money. If he didn't come back in 2 weeks we'd keep the £250.

Now, what's niggling me is, he didn't actually look at the car at all or ask any questions. Nor did he try to knock us down on the price! He doesn't know us, so why trust us to honour the sale?

I'm suspicious but I don't know why. What could go wrong? What could he gain from it if he isn't genuine?

EmmaReed84
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Hmmm, sounds ok. I would be depositing the cash in the bank to check it is real firstly, but then after that I guess, all would be ok.

miffy
10-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Gut instinct says there's a scam in there somewhere but brain doesn't know what it is! :o

MIFFY xx

samb
10-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Does sound a bit weird. I think it would be worrying but then if you have the cash and it is definitely not fake then you'll be quids in if he forgets to come back!

winstonian
10-09-2012, 07:50 PM
someone did this with my brotherinlaw and they did come back and pay! I would get them to sign something tho

QualityCare
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
a bit strange but could be genuine, did he leave any contact details, if he did have you checked them to see if there genuine.

PixiePetal
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
sorry but I am a believer in 'if it seems to be too good to be true it probably is' :rolleyes:

I suspect a scam too, just not sure what:o

jane5
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I reckon its genuine.

If they dont have much spare cash, have been looking for an affordable car and then they spotted yours then I could understand if they dont have the remaining money until pay day but really dont want to lose yours to someone else.

I would bank the cash and wait and see. :thumbsup: