PDA

View Full Version : Tracking the new eyfs!!!! I'm sooo confused and stressed

Mia'smummyx
10-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times but I'm so confused!!!
Currently each child has a folder split into the learning areas the the dm's listed with the age- very similar to how it is in the book then I would highlight and reference when they achieve it. The folder has obs, pics etc in it under each area!!
NOW..... I went on a course to try and get my head around the new eyfs tracking and I'm even more confused! Mine can easily be classed as tick sheets and they can't be used like that so I haven't a clue what to do! I brought a learning journel from eBay but it confused me as I didn't feel I was doing what I should be so carried on my own way ( which was the way the pre school I worked at did it)!
I really don't know what to do!!! I can either start new with learning journel- the binded book type ones and then tracker sheets ( can we use this as its a form of tick sheet??) or stick with what I'm doing but take the ages off the sheets in which means a lot of printing and re-doing!
I am due an ofsted in around 6 months and feel if I carry on with my original way I will get downgraded but then if I have fresh journels they may feel I don't have enough?????
Arghhhh hellppp!!!
Thanks x

AgentTink
10-09-2012, 07:45 AM
You don't need to redo your learning journals just add the below tracker sheets that can be found in the free resources section at the top.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/trackingobservationsandplanning.html

Why they say don't do a tick list is because if you only used the development matters sheet for the age of the mindee then you could be missing out on the fact that they are achieving things above their age range, and also not everything they do fits exactly everything noted on development matters. The above sheets allow you to just add a date you notice something, no matter what age range the child is in, and from this you can't then clearly see the child's development and how they are progressing or not as the case may be.

Mrs Argyle
10-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Ive just looked at Sarah's tracker....so would you just add a date and then write up the obs somewhere else ?

Mia'smummyx
10-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Thank you.............I think I have a busy few weeks ahead of me!! A simple change and I just cant get my head around it x

Mia'smummyx
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Just printed it off..... Looks great!! Sarah your a star!
Just a quick question...... Is there a set time scale of how often we should do it. Would the dates at the top cover a week, month 6 weeks?
Leah x

Daftbat
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Things can't be shown as a tick list if you have observations photos etc to back up the information. It sounds like you already have this to me so why make your life harder?