PDA

View Full Version : Learning journeys, obs, eyfs links. HELP!!

magic-hours
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Heya all, I havent been registered for long and since day one of childminding I have been compleatly puzzled.
When I worked in my last nursary we had a sheet which linked to the development matters chunks of the EYFS and we used to write our obs on a sticky label, then each week put the label with the correct DM.
Since becoming a childminder I have wanted to do this, but have been told 1. its alot of extra work, and 2, I havent been able to find anything online, so unless I typed it all out then i wouldnt have the initial sheets.
I was just wondering if anyone can give me some help and advise on what obs I should be doing, how I should be linking up to the new EYFS, and how much I should include in my childrens learning journeys. Im getting myself all cofuffled and I dont think I need to be.
I also have to do a 2 year progress check in the next 2 weeks and I have a panic on!! Ahh. Any help MUCH appriciated. Mel x

Ballette
09-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Mel :)

Is this the sort of thing you're meaning?

I got it from Butterfly on this forum. Everyone is so helpful on here, sharing their hard work for people like me who aren't sure how to do things! ;)

cathtee
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
welcome Mel, I struggle to workout an obs sheet too, so thanks for asking the question.

Thanks Ballette for sharing I've pinched it too:clapping:

Ballette
09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Glad to be of help ;)

sarah707
10-09-2012, 06:36 AM

I got it from Butterfly on this forum. Everyone is so helpful on here, sharing their hard work for people like me who aren't sure how to do things! ;)

That is lovely Ballette - please send it to Richard to put in free downloads - they are being updated soon for the revised EYFS :D

info@childmindinghelp.co.uk

Dragonfly
10-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Thank you Ballette, I struggle with everything :blush:

magic-hours
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM
It wont let me open the link? :( x

miffy
12-09-2012, 06:54 AM

That's because you are a new member and don't have enough posts yet.

Just keep chatting and you'll soon be able to open the link :)

Miffy xx

miffy
12-09-2012, 06:55 AM

That's lovely - thanks for sharing

Miffy xx

Ballette
12-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Your welcome. I've sent it to Richard for inclusion in the free downloads :)

Ballette
12-09-2012, 08:12 AM

Once you've posted a few more times, you will be able to see the link, but I have sent it to Richard for the downloads section :)

GILLIAN H
12-09-2012, 09:22 AM
thanks for sharing really grateful for i am a dinosaur childminder x

Jo Jo
12-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for sharing :)

magic-hours
12-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Once you've posted a few more times, you will be able to see the link, but I have sent it to Richard for the downloads section :)

I hope it gets put up for download soon :( x

magic-hours
14-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Does anyone know when its likely to be up for download? Iv got 2 weeks before I move and need to get a learning journey finsished :( x

jillplum
19-09-2012, 12:26 PM
thanks for sharing really grateful for i am a dinosaur childminder x

I like that. I am a dinosaur too and my sister started way before me :laughing: Jill

Samcat
07-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Thanks for that. I wondered why I couldn't access a download!

SammyL
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Thank you for sharing - i'm really struggling with the paper work side of things too x

laxydayzy
14-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks for that. I'm also a new member & can't download it but hopefully with a few more posts I will xx cheers x max

georgie456
14-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Thankyou for sharing xx

Npg1
23-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Thats brilliant, thank you too!

Just a question, I am puttng all post it obs into the learning journal, is this ok or should I have a seperate folder for obs? I was going to incude these downloaded sheets in the learning journal too?

sarah707
23-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Thats brilliant, thank you too!

Just a question, I am puttng all post it obs into the learning journal, is this ok or should I have a seperate folder for obs? I was going to incude these downloaded sheets in the learning journal too?

I suggest you keep everything together and you have a complete, dated record of the child's time with you - obs, assessments, parent comments, notes about development, Development matters, summary assessments, notes from other settings ... etc

Hth :D

annieR09
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi
i am a new member has this been put put in free downloads yet as i cant seem to find it but am not very good at this
:eek: struggling a bit with revised eyfs
thanks annie