PDA

View Full Version : Induction training

BubbleBabies
08-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi, I am currently doing my induction training in my local area & I was wondering if you must attend all 6 classes to get certificate? The person whom I asked to look after my own child while in this class has fallen ill & I have no one else to watch my child & I am not able to take her.

One woman in my class can't attend class 5 or 6 due to her being on vacation so surely who must be able to still obtain your qualification? I have attended 4 so far.:rolleyes:

sarah707
08-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi! It is a statutory requirement that the course is attended and passed before Ofsted come out to see you.

Whehter your trainer will allow you to pass without attending all the sessions is doubtful but it will be a local decision.

Best ask them and see what they say! :D

AgentTink
08-09-2012, 07:29 AM
In our local authority if you miss one session you have to wait until the next pre reg course and go to the week you missed before you can pass. The wait between courses can be 4 to 5 months.

rickysmiths
08-09-2012, 12:41 PM
You can pay a babysitter and put the cost through as an expense in your accounts.

scottishlass
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
hi

I am due to start my scma training in edinburgh later this month, when I booked she said if I was unable to attend a session then as long as I let them know I can then be booked onto their next course for the days missed :)

lynncjt
14-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi,

In scotland you can still register without doing the training but it is recommended, also if you apply for grants you need to prove that you have done the training.

If you miss a session as long as you tell them you will get the opportunity to attend that session the next time the course is running in your area. You only get the completion certificate when you have completed all the session.

HTH