PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed about parents time keeping!!

SammyL
06-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I've recently become registered (August) & have 2 part time mindees. :)

One if the children's parents are driving me nuts - because of the dads work I'm pretty flexible with them as I dot have any other children on that day. They let me know a few days before what time they will be arriving & confirm it the night before - they know that this will need to stop once I have other mindees on the same day though.

My problem Is that they never arrive when they say they are going to. More often than not they don't even let me know if they're running late but this morning the text saying 'running late lol' what's funny about it???
Last week they said they'd be here for 8am on both days & didn't turn up il after 9.15am. The Mum also text me saying they overslept one morning & when the dad dropped the baby off I asked jokingly 'did u forget to set your alarm & make 'the mum' late', he looked at me odd then said 'no' wenewer up in plenty of time' & they think it's ok to text me during the day to let me know what time they'll be pickin their daughter up - and then usually their still late.

How do I approach this with them do you think as the Mum can be quite intimidating & I don't want to cause a scene.

Would it be ok to give them a written request asking for set hours & for their
Time keeping to be improved as its the mum that deals with everything but the dad that drops off & picks up.

Sorry for long rant - I'm just furious as I woke my 22month old when I got up this morning at 5.15am to make sure everything is ready & the house was warm for when they arrived.

TIA x