PDA

View Full Version : A guide to Settling in! Help!

lovechildcare1
05-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I am in the middle of writing a short settling in guide as part of my welcome pack but have no idea what to write! Any ideas or tips will be most helful

Thanks

Boris
05-09-2012, 05:35 PM
A guide for parents? Good idea. I would say bring something from home ( a comforter, blanket, teddy etc) and make drop off short and sweet :laughing:!

Jods
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
settling in will be as long as necessary
each child settles in differently - so each situtation will be looked at and planned to
settling in plan will be discussed with parents
Parents will be asked for a detailed routine, so I can implement as many as possible within my own
I will meet all adults/parents/carers responsible for drop off and collection
Its hard for children but also hard for parents, this is also taken into consideration

and so on and so on

lin maddox
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
I decided not to write one! i did put settling periods can be discussed parent can stay for up to 1 hour no charge, once parents leave will charge £5 per hour once child and parent feel happy we would then start a contract. Like you say every child and situation is different i put to be discussed at length if need be in my brochure. :o i'm assuming this is ok i would fill in child record form and medical form if parent is leaving child with me though.

Question: is it ok to not do the contract till they decide they are hapy. I know they is a gray section about settling in but if they decided not to stay (or mums not happy working)it would be a waste of a contract? :rolleyes: