PDA

View Full Version : First inspection after 2 weeks work

bec258
04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I start with my first charges properly next week (settling in started today) and had a call from Tribal/Ofsted yesterday. I explained that I had been out of work (signing on since ending maternity leave in May) and she was going to defer it, but when I said I was about to start, she said she could still inspect me in the timescale. Has anyone had one this soon after starting? I registered in April, so knew there was a chance of one, but didn't really think they'd want to come that soon after starting.
I really want a good grading, but I'm not going to have much time to get a rapport with the kids (and they are going to be a challenge if today is anything to go by!). How much will Ofsted expect me to have done in 2 weeks? I'm totally stressed as we still have a few bits to do in our bedroom (we won't be using it at the moment but I need the option of it being a sleeping area) and it's my son's 1st birthday soon so I have lots to do for that, and I wanted to be able to focus on settling the children in, rather than Ofsted.

mummyof3
04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
I was inspected after only four weeks, little one was only with me after school for 1.5hrs one day a week :eek:

I got a GOOD in all areas so it can be done. Just stay calm, show you know the EYFS and remember she/he will know you have only just started so will take this into consideration.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

miffy
05-09-2012, 06:43 AM
At least you will have it over with - good luck.

There is an Ofsted document telling you what inspectors are looking for and how they make their judgements which you might find worth reading.

Miffy xx

sarah707
05-09-2012, 05:20 PM
The 2012 version of this document might be helpful -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/are-you-ready-for-your-inspection-guide-inspections-of-provision-ofsteds-childcare-and-early-years-r

Good luck! :D

bec258
05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks everyone. Good to know that it can be done, and all advice very gratefully received at this point!

maluvsya89
05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
i had one after 4weeks and she was only part time!
good luck u can do it x