PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe what my dd did in tesco's!!!.

nikki thomson
04-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Well after having a lovely last day of school hols, spent it at the forest making dens etc, after the 2 schoolie mindee's left I went to tesco's with my 3 children.
My youngest dd who is 4 and starting school tomorrow said mummy can I push the trolley? Yes I say. Get to the fruit and veg and while I'm picking out some carrots with my back turned my dd decided to swing on the bar of the trolley, the next thing there's an almighty crash behind me my dd is on the floor sprawled out with an upturned trolley lying on her and my shopping rolling down the isle.
I pick her up, people do come to assist me she's screaming and OMG her head is such a mess she has a cut on her cheek a black eye and best of all her forehead is all swollen and bruised.....

She's fine but it's her first day of school tomorrow and my dh is in afghan and wanted lots of pics of the 3 of the kids on her special day, she now looks like an extra from star trek and I'll be filling in an exsisting injury form on her first day.... Grrrrr. X

FussyElmo
04-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Well after having a lovely last day of school hols, spent it at the forest making dens etc, after the 2 schoolie mindee's left I went to tesco's with my 3 children.
My youngest dd who is 4 and starting school tomorrow said mummy can I push the trolley? Yes I say. Get to the fruit and veg and while I'm picking out some carrots with my back turned my dd decided to swing on the bar of the trolley, the next thing there's an almighty crash behind me my dd is on the floor sprawled out with an upturned trolley lying on her and my shopping rolling down the isle.
I pick her up, people do come to assist me she's screaming and OMG her head is such a mess she has a cut on her cheek a black eye and best of all her forehead is all swollen and bruised.....

She's fine but it's her first day of school tomorrow and my dh is in afghan and wanted lots of pics of the 3 of the kids on her special day, she now looks like an extra from star trek and I'll be filling in an exsisting injury form on her first day.... Grrrrr. X

Oh no hope she is ok. And you are too :thumbsup:

kellib
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Omg sounds awful! Glad she's okay x

How typical though just before starting school!!

cathtee
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
oh no! hope she will be ok.

Maza
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh no, poor thing! Hope she's okay. Poor you as well.

SandCastles
04-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Oh No! I hope she is okay and you get some great photos showing her best side!
Mine start back tomorrow and I have spent all day reminding them to be careful with each other and themselves.

scottishlass
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Aww bless!! Sure she will still enjoy her first day at school and will be one to tell her when she is older!! In my daughters class photo from p1 she had a big burst lip from having fallen in the playground the day before - they pick their times!

:)

miffy
04-09-2012, 08:12 PM
That must. Have given you both a nasty shock! Hope your dd is OK tomorrow.

Miffy xx

sarah707
04-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh bless her! I remember ds doing it when he was little and splitting his lip too :(

Give her a very gentle hug from us all xx

wendywu
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I know i should not but this did make me smile. Its just so typically children, first day at school, being a bridesmaid, school photo, leading part in the school play, their birthday party.

You name the special occasion and you can bet your life that your little one will choose that day to fall off their scooter, trip off the wall or even pull the shopping trolly on top of them, black eye anyone :thumbsup:

Hope she is not in too much pain. Take a photo and in years to come compare it with her prom photo, bless :rolleyes:

The Juggler
04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
oh hon :panic: hope she mends quickly :) kids eh - they are sent to try us :p