PDA

View Full Version : EON boiler and central heating policy help please

desiderata
04-09-2012, 07:15 AM
being newly single and not having to have dealt with any of this previously I have had to change all the bills for the house into my name. When I changed the Eon account they talked me into having the above policy its supposed to cover all parts and labour and call outs 24/7 for 12 months for just over £12 a month. Now my boiler is nearly 17 years old and up to know have had no problems but someone has now told me that if its over 7 years old they will probably insist on me having a new boiler and that I would have to pay for that.

Now I dont understand things like this normally so has anyone got any experience in this please? I had a 7 day cooling off period but I think that may be up to day or tomorrow (unless you dont count weekends ) sorry for the ramble . look forward to the replies thank you x

FussyElmo
04-09-2012, 07:22 AM
I know that british gas wouldnt cover our boiler because it was very old :thumbsup:

desiderata
04-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Thank you just managed to cancel it before they take any money out xx

rickysmiths
04-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Personally I would have kept the cover going. On a boiler that age you will be unlikely to be able to get breakdown and service cover from them. At least it gives you peace of mind if your boiler breaks down this winter and that they system is given a service once a year.

Just because you have this cover or have it with B Gas doesn't mean as and when the boiler does die that you have to use them to replace it. You would then be wise to get quotes and see what the best deal for you at that time is.

sarah707
04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Dp had to replace his boiler last year after both British Gas and Eon refused to cover it because it was old...

His new one is much more energy efficient it's already saving him money - plus he gets 5 years cover so no need for BG or Eon :laughing:

Hth :D

Mrs.L.C
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
They usually do a service check to see if they are happy to cover the boiler or not but I wouldnt bother with Eon and go with someone else

They were rubbish when our boiler stopped working. Took them nearly 3 weeks in the middle of winter to fix it and messed up twice. no heating or hot water but they didn't care because our baby hadn't been born yet and our daughter was over 5