PDA

View Full Version : how much

disney
16-06-2008, 09:55 AM
what does it cost to register some one as an assistant ? my daughter is thinking of being mine and will she be allowed to look after them for example if one was a sleep and i went out to do the school run :) x

mum2two
16-06-2008, 10:03 AM
It's free! :D

You just have to fill out a CM2 form, and send it to ofsted. She'll have to be CRB checked, if she's not already, but that's it.

You have to get written permission from the parents to leave the children in the care of an assistant - but lots of us have done it.

Kelly x

cloud9
16-06-2008, 10:06 AM
what does it cost to register some one as an assistant ? my daughter is thinking of being mine and will she be allowed to look after them for example if one was a sleep and i went out to do the school run :) x

i asked ofsted if i could do this and was told that i would have to register my hubby in his own right as a childminder rather than an assistant because an assistant couldn't be in sole charge of the mindees
I wish they would all agree on the rules and stick to them!

sarah707
16-06-2008, 10:20 AM
i asked ofsted if i could do this and was told that i would have to register my hubby in his own right as a childminder rather than an assistant because an assistant couldn't be in sole charge of the mindees
I wish they would all agree on the rules and stick to them!

Yes I've been told this as well... yet so many people have written permission to leave children with assistants... apparently it depends on what your understanding of an 'emergency' is!

You can leave children with an assistant in an emergency... but a child sleeping during a school run is not an emergency. The person I spoke to was vague...

I suggest if this is what you are hoping to do, you get it clearly stated in writing from Ofsted that you can leave children with an assistant for school runs etc BEFORE you decide what to do next.

Hope this helps :D

Pauline
16-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I was told by the inspector that school runs/sleeping babies were what most people wanted sole care for, and it was never stated as 'emergency only'. In fact my certificate actually reads:

"may at times, agreed and confirmed in writing with parents, leave the assistant in sole care of up to six children aged under 8 years"

I just get the parents to sign a permissions form.

disney
28-06-2008, 02:06 PM
thanks pauline i will make sure the parents sign to agree we have recieved a letter saying things are in progress for her becoming my assistant hopfully it wont take too long as they said they will use the crb she already has as it was only done 2 months ago . :thumbsup: x

brillminder
28-06-2008, 04:28 PM
i have two assitants and i can leave children with then no mention of emergency just parental consent :)

Hannahlg
28-06-2008, 06:04 PM
im my mums assistant im allowed to be lefted in sole charge when its school and pre-school run, i actally take the children to school and pre-school

we just needed to get paretns to sgin a from which says

I agree for hannah to be in sole chrage of my child _____________ during school runs and take a collect my child from _____________ pre-school

Teresa
28-06-2008, 07:03 PM
i asked my inspector whilst here about my daughter becoming my assistant to be allowed sole charge of children in such case's as school runs doctors appointment etc. she add her to my registraion to be allowed to have sole charge of the children for upto an hour with written permission from the parents.... it was free.