PDA

View Full Version : Why do we need to know...?

samb
03-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Feel really silly asking this 2 years in, but... why do we need the child's immunisation record? I use the Morton Michel paperwork but have run out of the records and thought I would type out my own and got to the section with the health records and wondered why we actually need this? Is it purely so if they are admitted to hospital and we are the ones with them we can tell them exactly what they have had? Would you really go and get your records before going to hospital? I wouldn't remember who has had what without looking. And if they have a jab do you have to do a form that the parents sign to say they have had it and when and then keep it with the record form?

sarah707
03-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I ask if injections are up-to-date because then I know the child is protected if I, for example, hear that a child they have played with has a medical condition.

However it's not a statutory / required question to ask parents.

hth :D

samb
03-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks Sarah - no didnt think it was statutory but like to know why I am doing something. I trust MM just not myself lol!

I think it makes sense to know especially things like tetanus. Mind you not sure when I had one last!

lisa1968
10-09-2012, 01:39 PM
I always wonder why some forms ask for the Family Doctors name,address and phone number.After all,due to data protection they cant discuss anything with us anyway!!:huh: