PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tells me what the difference between NCMA and UKCMA is please?

oxfordshirecm
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Just what the title says? Am I being blonde or are they the same kind of thing?:blush:

FussyElmo
03-09-2012, 01:43 PM
No they are 2 different organisations.

NCMA is an established, UKCMA is just starting up.

Both will offer different things.

You will have to pay to be a member of each.

There is also MM which just offers cm insurance and paperwork.

UKCMA doesn t do their own insurance and are recommending MM

NCMA do their own insurances.

Entirely down to preference who you choose/or dont :thumbsup:

ajs
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Just what the title says? Am I being blonde or are they the same kind of thing?:blush:

Fussy has it spot on except they are the same KIND of thing, they both offer support to childminders but where as NCMA have diveresified and are also offering support to All childcare workers UKCMA are still exclusive to childminders.
They are both set up to help childminders with their business, they both supply paperwork and have help lines. The main differences are that NCMA is an established charity and UKCMA are a new business and NCMA offer their own insurance and UKCMA are not offering insurance so childminders will still need seperate insurance as well.

UKCMA has been set up by two women who have lots of experience in the childcare sector, one a previous nursery manager and the other a Nursery wolrd Outstanding Childminder of the Year award winner and childminder until last year

oxfordshirecm
03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you fussy and ajs...so I am not being blonde for once then lol. I still have 4 months till I have to renew with ncma so will stick with them for now and wait to see how ukcma develop x thanks again :)

ajs
03-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Thank you fussy and ajs...so I am not being blonde for once then lol. I still have 4 months till I have to renew with ncma so will stick with them for now and wait to see how ukcma develop x thanks again :)

No you're not being Blonde at all, UKCMA havent quite launched although they are featured in nursery world this week

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/bulletin/nurseryworldupdate/article/1147948/?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate

keep an eye out they are going to be fab once they launch xx