PDA

View Full Version : School pick ups only

ANNA SMITH
02-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I am interested in doing school pick ups only from the ages 4-11. Please can someone tell me if i need to be registered for this? I am not sure where to find out!

Any info will help.

Thank you.

Stapleton83
02-09-2012, 07:53 PM
If you are picking up any child below the age of 8 yes you will need to be registered. For any child below the age of 5 you will still need to do the paperwork for EYFS or that is my understanding of it.

If in doubt I would give your local development officer a call, have a look on your local authorities website for details.

Hope that helps.

Sam:)

bunyip
02-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Ofsted publish a factsheet called Registration not required, reference 080134. You can download it from their website and check the details.

To be on the safe side, It might be worth giving Ofsted a call. I know a lot of their publications are obsolescent as the new EYFS regulations have come into force.

To really be on the safe side, you should consider becoming registered. You will probably struggle to find anyone to insure you if you're not registered. Personal injury claims carry potentially unlimited liability; you're also responsible for anything the children do whilst in your care. You may also find your home and car insurance are void if you're using them in any way and taking payment. :(

cathtee
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I thought about doing school runs and holidays only about 7 years ago, but i would miss the lo's too much so do all variations of ages:)

lin maddox
10-09-2012, 08:52 AM
You need to registered when looking after children 8 and under. Phone your local council mines kirklees they will tell you relevent course. Have to do market research first to see if they is a need in your area then they decide if they is they let you. If they decide they isn't a need they won't! Good idea to offer something new, even if its not want you want if you really want this may have to offer extras like weekend cover or cover shift work etc. You can always decide once working those times and days not suited then change to suit your needs. You recieve support from co ordinator that will help you put together a porfolio of your policies and procedures. You will need to do a first aid course they is a lot too it so its worth getting the info first. Good luck.:o