PDA

View Full Version : Winter drawing in

clareelizabeth1
30-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I was feeling depressed about summer not apearing this year, but then with it being so cold I lit the fire in my frount room snuggled up on the sofa and did my cross stitching. All be it with my oh telling me I looked like I was in my 80's not my 20's but I can live with that as I have just remembered how much I love snugly winter evenings and I can't wait to take the children on a frosty morning walk.

Trouble
30-08-2012, 09:51 PM
i love autumn its my fav

no summer here but it will come next week when the kids go back
:panic:

JCrakers
30-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I love it. I love dark nights snuggled inside :D
Reminds me that Halloween and bonfire night are just around the corner

mrstom
31-08-2012, 05:51 AM
I love it too. That first nip in the air when you know summer is on it's way out. I love the colours and the fact you can snuggle up and wear a cardi or a jumper AND a thick coat.

Ironically I used to be a real summer chick but since having children it isn't much fun anymore - running around after them I tend to end up hot and sweaty too often!

EmmaReed84
31-08-2012, 06:08 AM
I feel the cold so easily so do prefer Summer (when we get it) I also love summer storms and the fresh smelling rain when it has been really humid.

But I must say I do actually like it coming in to Autumn as it means Bonfire night, which also means are annual trip to the fire station ;)... I am so excited... for the kids of course! lol

Roseolivia
31-08-2012, 07:10 AM
There's only a couple of things i like about the summer disappearing, i love the fact the wasps will soon be dead and being all snuggled up with the heating on. Only problem is i then get lazy as i'm too snuggly.

Dragonfly
31-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I love Autumn, well Spring too.I feel the cold but I feel the heat too:laughing: crazy hey? cant stand the hot sticky feeling.Like the dark evenings etc but not the dark winter mornings as I have to walk my dog around 6am and the fields are soooooo dark yuck, my dog has to wear a light on his collar in winter so i know where about he is in the fields!
But I do like the fresh crisp air and the autumn coloured countryside.

clareelizabeth1
31-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I had forgotten about bonfire night now I am getting excited thinking of toasted marshmallows and fire works

childminder54
31-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I hate it as its sooooo cold in my house even though hubby pays £180 a month for gas and elec

Maza
01-09-2012, 06:01 AM
I love the Autumn too. It's such a lovely time of year for kids - festivals, conkers etc. I love winter clothes too, don't have to worry about getting my white legs out or revealing my bingo wings. I love winter clothes on kids too, they look so snuggly in their hats and coats.

mushpea
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I love Autumn, and halloween, not so keen on bonfire night, my dog and cat couldnt give a monkeys but i hate all the bangs
I love it when the leaves change colour and the conkers are a plenty though