PDA

View Full Version : bank details??

kats
30-08-2012, 06:53 PM
One of my parents have asked for my bank details so that they can pay me monthly by direct transfer, i said i would let her have them but then i've been thinking if this is safe for me to do this!! has anyone done it and is it safe to give my details out?? thanks :)

Kiddleywinks
30-08-2012, 06:56 PM
It's as safe as any other method to be honest, plus, funds that are transferred from parents bank shows up in my account within 2 hours, normally about 30 mins :clapping:

Just give them your sortcode, account no and name of account holder, and ask parent to put their surname in the reference box so you can allocate the right payment to the right parent

rickysmiths
All the parent need is the name of your bank, the sort code and your account number. Yes it is safe and all my parents pay this way now it saves me having to go to the bank.

As I don't do online banking I just ask them to send me an email giving the date and how much they have paid in, I print it off and keep it.

sarahjane
All of my parents pay me this way, I much prefer it to a cheque or cash. I haven't had a problem in nearly 7 years :)

AgentTink
30-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I give all my parents my sort code and account number as I prefer to get paid direct into my bank. However I have 2 accounts and just use one for payments for parents.

mummyof3
30-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Much easier and completely safe I wish all of mine would do it :)

Joda
30-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I have parents that pay this way too - much easier than having to take cheques to the bank

kats
30-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Thank you everyone, thats put my mind at rest :)

zillervalley
30-08-2012, 07:27 PM
my new parent asked if she could pay me this way, i said yes and now parent 1 now does the same i find it great as has been said it is in your bank within hours

Ziller

Jods
30-08-2012, 07:35 PM
much better this way :)

also if you have it paid into one that's separate, and then transfer into your main it will make it easier to keep an eye on your in-coming and out-goings (well I find it easier for Mr Tax Man)

PixiePetal
30-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I still prefer cheques as I can decide which account it needs to go in - joint one or my own :D:thumbsup: depends on how flush we are :o

lorettacritchet
30-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I rang my bank because I was like you a little apprehensive but it is much easier.

Now I give my details to all parents especially because I have online banking and can regularly check! lol

Chatterbox Childcare
31-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Mine all go straight into my account.

When you write a cheque it has the same details on it that you are giving out and it is instantly cash when it hits your account. :)