PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - do I have all that is needed please???

Jo's Juniors
30-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Hello, I am still waiting for my Ofsted and Insurance cert so still getting my paperwork in order!!! Great info on here, thanks. Could you also please let me know if this is correct or if I am missing something:-
I have 1. my own portfolio with lots of info about me, various certificates, policies etc.., 2. a folder with photos, places to visit, activities, planning ideas etc..... 3. a daily diary for each child (not yet started) 4. a learning journey book for each child (not yet started) and 5. a risk assessment folder (which only has black forms at the moment)
Am I missing something here please?????
Is the LJ for the parent or pre-school or school????
Thanks xxx
Very excited about starting this new venture but very confused about all this paperwork!!!!!
:panic:

sarah707
30-08-2012, 05:09 PM
The learning journey is written with parents and for the child! It is handed over to parents when the child leaves.

It sounds like you are getting on just fine! :D

Jo's Juniors
30-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Fab thanks. Do I not need to give anything to the child's school when they start?
Also, is there a good way of linking activities to the 7 areas? I have no EYFS knowledge so trying to teach myself the new revised one (as prob not starting till Oct) until I get a space on the course!!
Thanks, Jo xx :)

Jo's Juniors
30-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Sarah, I have just ordered a few of your e-books. I wish I could afford to buy them all as not really sure which ones are important for me. I am hoping my 1st minded child is a 7 month old baby boy so please advice on other e-books I may need to help me. Thanks, Jo x