PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion please?

kindredspirits
29-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Nothing heated ;) I took an advert out in the paper.... Not one of those adverts... A business one. It cost about £70 ... I saw the paper today and the ad is on page 3 which is good, nice and near the front.... But it is placed directly next to an article about how 2 local women have been cleared of child abduction! Do you think this is a bit out of order to place a child,minding ad there? Not sure if I should complain to the editor or just let it slide?

childminder54
29-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I would complain the might put it in paper again for free. It's not very good placing it there. I wouldnt be happy

PixiePetal
29-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I would have to say something - not with a huge fuss but ask if it could be re done. Too late for this issue though I guess :rolleyes: and people will have seen it anyway.

jumpinjen
30-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I would definitely say something yes - how long did the £70 get your advert placed for? Someone made a booboo putting it there I think......:(

madison
30-08-2012, 09:26 AM
I think you should complain, I get that paper and must admit that I read the article about the woman but didnt see your advert :o I know I was just skimming through but still how many other people only seen this article?? I think I read it as there had been a big thing on facebook about it and wondered what the outcome had been :blush:

karens knippers
30-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I would complain too. If I was parent and read article first I would be dubious about ur advert. Were the women named? People may think you are one of the women and maybe going under another name to build business up. These are the things I would be saying in my complaint to the paper. Let us know how you get on x

EmmaReed84
30-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I would make a complaint, definitely!

I would also request in your complaint that you would like to have one week "free" due to the inappropriate placing of your original ad that you paid for.

I think that is disgusting to place a childcare ad next to something so vile.

gegele
30-08-2012, 11:12 AM
for £70 i expect not to be put on the peado page :eek::D

try to make your ad run longer:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
30-08-2012, 11:36 AM
thank you for your opinions. DH is furious and I wanted to make sure I wasn't being OTT before sending in a complaint - but I must admit i read through the paper 3 times before I managed to see the ad - considering i was looking for it i don't think thats the best sign! :rolleyes:

Trouble
30-08-2012, 11:45 AM
I would complain the might put it in paper again for free. It's not very good placing it there. I wouldnt be happy
i agree not very good planning on there behalf:panic:

Mollymop
30-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I would be cross too - let us know what they say!! x

Jods
30-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I would be fuming, you have paid £70 for the priviledge of the add, at least it should be in/around or with appropriate subject matter!! hmmmm x good luck x