PDA

View Full Version : Had pre-reg but unable to work, what happens?

angelinthegarden
29-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I am a full registered childminder, this happened in May.

I wanted to leave my job to become a childminder but had an accident at work, I have had a medical through Ofsted and they say I can work as a childminder but due to industrial injury, physio etc (I am still employed) I have not advertised etc.

Do I have to inform Ofsted, as it looks like I am taking a break from childminding at the mo.

Does anyone know if I have to ring Ofsted or just wait until my first inspection, which will not be good as dosent look like I will have worked as a childminder when this happens.

Helpppppp

sarah707
29-08-2012, 04:58 PM
When Ofsted contact you for your first inspection let them know you are not working and they will write to you informing you that they will wait a while then contact you again.

They usually contact and write 6 monthly for up to 3 years... then either you must be working or resign.

Hope you are feeling better soon x :D

WibbleWobble
29-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I am a full registered childminder, this happened in May.

I wanted to leave my job to become a childminder but had an accident at work, I have had a medical through Ofsted and they say I can work as a childminder but due to industrial injury, physio etc (I am still employed) I have not advertised etc.

Do I have to inform Ofsted, as it looks like I am taking a break from childminding at the mo.

Does anyone know if I have to ring Ofsted or just wait until my first inspection, which will not be good as dosent look like I will have worked as a childminder when this happens.

Helpppppp

oh heck, are you getting better?

I had an accident at work - i was an operating theatre sister and had just helped with an op...a piece of equipment fell on me from about 7 feet up and knocked me to the ground. The force fractured the vertebrae and left me with two slipped discs in my neck. I was left partially paralysed on one side. I had to have major spinal surgery complete with halo (nice look) and afterwards had to retire.

i have made a 95% recovery and now am childminding. If i hadnt had my accident i would not be doing this job so i am glad it all happened. Much better playing with two 2 yr olds than sitting in an office doing duty rotas!

wibble xxxxx

angelinthegarden
29-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Thank you Sarah707, that makes me feel better already.

Wibblewobble, ouch, I was a care assistant looking after the elderly, ended up with frozen shoulder, back in December, which has now escalated to tennis elbow :rolleyes:
Only good thing to say is now I have put an industrial injury in I am getting the best treatment as they are paying :), had 4 weeks with physio and have made 70% recovery (still cant do bra up at back though :blush:) but can at least pick up cup of coffee.

I really do not want to go back to work now as fear of this injury reoccurring so in 3-4 weeks I am putting my heart and sole into childminding, I have missed the September rush but will be at the school gates with my business cards and posters when they open lol.

Pleased to hear you are making a recovery and good luck for the rest of the 5% :clapping:

Thank you ladies.

Angela