PDA

View Full Version : Woke up this morning... and it was DARK!!!

EmmaReed84
28-08-2012, 05:37 AM
:panic: NOOOOO! Please don't tell me we are already getting in to dark mornings? :panic:

I woke up this morning and it was pitch black, looked at my phone and it was 5.07am... 23 minutes before alarm due to go off, 37 minutes before I had to get up!

Got up... PUT MY DRESSING GOWN ON! Went downstairs and instead of opening my curtains and blinds, it was lights on and snuggle up!

Where the heck did Summer go? Please let's all pray for an Indian Summer again in the middle of October lol

sue m
28-08-2012, 05:53 AM
Depressing isn't it! :(

Chimps Childminding
28-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Mmmm all my outside windows were steamed up this morning :eek: Think summer forgot about us this year - its going to be a long winter if that's it :(

Bear23
28-08-2012, 06:54 AM
:(

i hate dark mornings, thankfully i slept in today :blush::laughing:

gegele
28-08-2012, 06:59 AM
i'm refusing to wake before the sun...it's rude and against nature's rules :laughing::laughing::clapping:

i'm one of those people who get depressed in november!!!:( i NEED sunlight to wake up.

AliceK
28-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Mmmm all my outside windows were steamed up this morning :eek: Think summer forgot about us this year - its going to be a long winter if that's it :(

Mine too, and my heating had kicked in so it must have been chilly.
I absolutely hate the dark mornings, seriously, my brain refuses to wake up when it's dark.

xxx

Kiddleywinks
28-08-2012, 07:44 AM
i'm refusing to wake before the sun...it's rude and against nature's rules :laughing::laughing::clapping:

:laughing::laughing: Me too :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Mine too, and my heating had kicked in so it must have been chilly.
I absolutely hate the dark mornings, seriously, my brain refuses to wake up when it's dark.

xxx

Oh no do you live in the frozen North!!! Golly just looked and you are not a million miles from me :eek:

I got up at 6.30am, to bright sun and when I came down after my shower 15 mins later the first thing I did was go round and open all the windows and french doors :D Sorry but it is lovely and sunny and warm after a downpour last night.

AliceK
28-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Oh no do you live in the frozen North!!! Golly just looked and you are not a million miles from me :eek:

I got up at 6.30am, to bright sun and when I came down after my shower 15 mins later the first thing I did was go round and open all the windows and french doors :D Sorry but it is lovely and sunny and warm after a downpour last night.

No not in the frozen north :laughing:
My heating is set to 16 degrees and when I went to have a shower this morning the radiator in the bathroom was on, that's the first time the heating has kicked in for a long time. Just had a look at my thermometer on the patio doors and it only says 15 outside. I'm just a wuss and I hate being cold. My feet are freezing at the moment.

xxx

rickysmiths
28-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Sounds like you need a big woolly pully and some moccasin boot type slippers.

Tealady
28-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I myself am a bit grateful for the darker mornings. My DS often wakes at 5ish so I can con him into thinking it's still night and get him back off to sleep. He's coming up for 3 so to him daylight time is playtime.

Monkey26
28-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Woke up to lovely clear blue skies at 7am and had to put suncream on all the kids for our coastal walk today :thumbsup: :clapping: xx

AliceK
28-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Turned out warm after all. Walked to the shops and had to take my cardi off :laughing:

xxx

Ripeberry
28-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Last week I was on holiday in Lanzarote and it got dark over there just after 7.30pm and did not get light until 7.40am. So to me the dawn just before 7am makes it seem like spring again. :)
But I have a feeling we will have a long warm autumn...I've put an order out for it. It has to! :cool: :D

mushpea
28-08-2012, 08:26 PM
my alarm goes of 6.45pm at the moment then my lovley machine makes me a cuppa tea,, lazy hols not starting till 8am, bliss! was a beautiful day here and had to open the conservatory door straight away as it was too warm!

cathtee
28-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I was awake at 6.30 this morning and it was as bright as can be, nice all day out without cardys today hope it stays like this :)

teacake2
29-08-2012, 12:30 PM
We have had heavy rain since 7.45 this morning:eek::eek:
Teacake2

DaisyMae
29-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Stupid laws of physics hey?