PDA

View Full Version : Council form - "Reg of a Food Business Est" - what to do??

Jo's Juniors
27-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi, I am a newly registered Childminder :) (waiting for Certificate) but I have just sent the form off to the Council as I intend to provide snacks/drinks and heat up food etc.
Please could you let me know what I need to do and what I need to know before they come (apart from clean the fridge/kitchen!!!!) as really would like a 4/5 stars grade :laughing:
Thanks, Jo xxx

rickysmiths
27-08-2012, 05:31 PM
It would be a good idea to phone and get a copy of

Safer food better business for childminder's it is free.

http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/caterers/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/#.UDuvN9aPUrI

loocyloo
27-08-2012, 06:32 PM
it all depends where you are in the country!

in my area ( northyorkshire) they don't come out & visit, yet in other areas i know people who have had long visits!

Jo's Juniors
27-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I emailed for a copy of that today so hopefully that should tell me all the tips. I'm in Spelthorne, Surrey and I think they do come and visit :panic:
Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

kareninluton
27-08-2012, 09:01 PM
You can download the pack as well. i did

MrsP2C
27-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I had my inspection a few weeks ago and got 5* do happy to share what they looked for.
1. Evidence & knowledge of General hygiene - anti bac gel, washing dishcloths, toilet hand towels, tea towels regularly on a hot (80+), anti-bac spray on surfaces & table, hand washing
2. Showed him fridge thermometer & explained I will do a regular visual check as part of my daily / weekly RA
3. Quizzed me on food prep & storage- colour coded chopping boards, raw meats, freezing, cooling & reheating food etc
4. Showed him food hygiene course certificate, Copy of 'Safer Food Better Business' document & demonstrated I'd completed done of the checks
5. Waste disposal (lidded bin) handing washing, cleaning bin etc
6. Inspected cleanliness of fridge & food cupboards
7. Check knife / sharps storage

It was very relaxed and I also asked a couple of things but it was very thorough.
HTH
MrsP2C

Jo's Juniors
27-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks again. My printer is playing up so will wait for them to send me a copy. Thanks for the tips :) xxx