PDA

View Full Version : transition from old eyfs to revised eyfs LJ's

Jods
26-08-2012, 03:37 PM
okies have had a think about how I am going to transition from my old LJ's to thre new revised one, which is to do a transfer sheet (similar to a transition sheet, with areas met, aiming for, and next steps), and then use that as my baseline/starting point, alto easier for me as I am also transitioning from paper LJ's to eLJ's x

I just wondered if any one else is doing the same, thought of a better way?

funemnx
26-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Something else I haven't thought about doh! I think I will do a summative report and start with the new obs and planning from that (I think.... )

loocyloo
26-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Something else I haven't thought about doh! I think I will do a summative report and start with the new obs and planning from that (I think.... )

i'm going to do a summative using EYFS 2012 and go from there! i am also going to do 4 ( yes 4 !!! ) 2 yr progress checks as i have 5 LO turning 3 inthe next 4 months, however, on is begining of sept, so i'm not doing that one !!!
decided that was one way to immerse myself in it all :D

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I am using my sheets from the new EYFS and highlighting their starting points again

Mia'smummyx
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM
I hope you don't mind me asking but what sheets do you mean? I'm thinking this is a really good idea for the transition but can't quite work out how to do it :-/
I was thinking of going through the dm's and writing about what the children are already doing then writing some next steps on and linking them to my planning.....

sarah707
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I have just done a very very brief 'all about me now' type summary for the areas of learning and then moved to the new documents :D

Mia'smummyx
12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Under each section I may add another section with " All about me now" from mummy and daddy and ask parents to write a brief summary of their little one at the present time.
Can we do this??

vals
15-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm so glad its not just me. it all seems like so much extra work - and I had almost started to like the old way of doing things! thank you for posting our ideas, its really helping me to get myself organised.

blue bear
15-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I did summative assessment in July as normal, during chats with parents talking about assessment and lj/development I talked about revised eyfs and gave them a parent info sheet on it. From that point I switched to revised eyfs for observations in lj.

tammys-tots
15-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I am using my sheets from the new EYFS and highlighting their starting points again

ive done that too :)

ammie
18-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I have just done a very very brief 'all about me now' type summary for the areas of learning and then moved to the new documents :D

Woul it be possible to have a look please.

ammie
18-09-2012, 12:50 PM
sounds good to me. Just having problems on how to set it out.