PDA

View Full Version : newbie

jjbuttons
25-08-2012, 05:04 PM
all new to this so soz if silly but...

pre-reg is that when they check your knowledge and home?
1st inspection, what do they look at/for?

many thanks

x

cathtee
25-08-2012, 09:21 PM
sorry, didn't want to read and run, didn't do pre-reg/first inspection when i started so I can't help but I'm sure someone will come along soon and answer your question:)

jumpinjen
25-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi there - welsome, pre-reg is where they check you and your premises to make sure they and you are suitable to mind from.....

first inspection is usually about 6 months after you have started minding and is where you have a grading given to you. Oftsed will expect to see policies and procedures in place at this point as well as planning and observations etc etc.

Jen x

bunyip
26-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Hello there. :)

Go to www.ofsted.gov.uk . Click the 'resources' tab, and select 'find a resource' in the drop-down list. Then search under the terms "registration" and "inspection" and you'll find helpful Ofsted publications on the subject. Look for 2012 publications, so you get the ones for the new 2012 regulations.

If stuck, call NCMA for advice (they're usually happy to help pre-reg people, even if not yet a member.) Or phone Ofsted on 0300 123 1231 - they really don't bite.

You should also find helpful stuff by clicking the 'Free Resources' tab at the top of this webpage, and looking in the 'downloads' section.

Best of luck :thumbsup: