PDA

View Full Version : tax cedits???

adele1985
25-08-2012, 04:29 PM
can someone please help

We have been claimimng tax credits (we renewed in june) as work has been very quiet

anyway ive finally got a full time child stating soon :D

thi would boost my income of 600 a month (that not taking into account monthly expences)

obversly i need to inform tax credits does anyone have any expereince of this

will i need to tell them i will be getting 600 extra or take expences off first??

kindredspirits
25-08-2012, 05:03 PM
what tax credits will want is an estimate of PROFIT for the current year. (after you take expenses off in other words.)

jumpinjen
25-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Just call them and tell them you have a revised estimate of your income for the year and tell them what you think you will now earn - it is an estimate until you do your tax return next year anyway - just add up your income for the rest of the year, deduct what you think your expenses will be and add it to the amount already in your accounts from April, then give them the approx amount - they will send you a new award notice with the new information on and the altered amount, if it has altered..... Jen x

mummyof3
26-08-2012, 02:34 PM
I always tell tax credits I will earn under the bracket for paying tax so they always estimate it at that figure which it usually is.

adele1985
26-08-2012, 07:28 PM
thanks everyone:)

one more question mindee is starting the end of september, do i need to inform them now or when she has started

i dont really want to spend ages getting though to them for them to tell me to phone back close to the time:rolleyes:

Bear23
29-08-2012, 04:57 PM
thanks everyone:)

one more question mindee is starting the end of september, do i need to inform them now or when she has started

i dont really want to spend ages getting though to them for them to tell me to phone back close to the time:rolleyes:

to be honest i don't tell them, i give them a round about figure every year year, and then ammend the following year. other wise i'd be on the phone ever other week. We don't know what expenses there are going to be, or if someone going to leave. i over estamate anyway, cos then they give you a bonus on renewal. which over the year would prob only be about ten pound a week anyway

Does that make sense??

ziggy
30-08-2012, 08:42 AM
sorry i'm a bit confused

i claim working tax credit and thought it was worked out on annual income from previous year. am i wrong?

adele1985
30-08-2012, 09:53 AM
sorry i'm a bit confused

i claim working tax credit and thought it was worked out on annual income from previous year. am i wrong?

as far as im aware its worked on this years income not sure tho im confussed now lol :rolleyes:

anyway i phoned yesterday and she asked about this years income i told her the change will come into effect from october