PDA

View Full Version : Ratio help?

Fb1988
23-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello!*
I'm having my pre Reg 11th September - I have families wanting to start asap.
I'm stuck, can you help?
I have Daisy my Lo full time she's 9 months (1 on the 25th oct). The following want to start ASAP*

A 13 month old Tuesday, Thursday*& Friday all day*
A 17 month old Thursday & Friday all day*
A 2 years old every other Friday*
A 9 Month old to start october 2 days - them to be arranged.*
A *18 month old to start ASAP two days - again to be aragnged*

Can I do them all? I don't want to turn anyone away but in not sure if it's do able?

blue bear
23-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Without the 9 month and 18 month old you have the following spaces:

Mon x2
Tues x1
Wed x2
Fri every other week x1

So yes you have two days for each of the other children to be arranged as long as they are on the above days where you have spaces.

However you would have two under one, is daisy your own child? If she is you can take on 9month old with risk assessments and informing all parents.

Draw yourself a grid showing days of the week, then put numbers 1-3 on each day, write children's names against the numbers, it helps to show clearly where your gaps are. I keep this near my phone so I can see from a glance where I have spaces.

Mouse
23-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Hello!*
I'm having my pre Reg 11th September - I have families wanting to start asap.
I'm stuck, can you help?
I have Daisy my Lo full time she's 9 months (1 on the 25th oct). The following want to start ASAP*

A 13 month old Tuesday, Thursday*& Friday all day*
A 17 month old Thursday & Friday all day*
A 2 years old every other Friday*
A 9 Month old to start october 2 days - them to be arranged.*
A *18 month old to start ASAP two days - again to be aragnged*

Can I do them all? I don't want to turn anyone away but in not sure if it's do able?

With your own daughter you will have 2 spaces for EY children (assuming Ofsted don't restrict you at all due to space etc).

With your own daughter, the 13mnth old & the 17mnth old you would be full on Thursday & Friday, so couldn't take on anyone else for those days. You wouldn't have a space for the 2yr old every other Friday.

For the 9mth old and 18mth old you would have 2 spaces available on a Monday, 1 on a Tuesday & 2 on a Wednesday.

Do a simple chart. Write down the days of the week, and put 2 spaces next to each day (the spaces you have, taking your daughter into account). Fill in the names where you know their days & you will see what you have left.

Fb1988
23-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank your for your help.

If I asked my in-laws to have Daisy on the other friday could i have the 2 year old? they have her nw on a Friday while I'm at work and are happy to continue as they enjoy having her.

Thanks again

Mouse
23-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Eg. EYFS spaces

.......................Space 1 Space 2

Monday .... available available

Tuesday ....13mth available

Wednesday ....available available

Thursday ....13mth 17mth

Friday .... 13thmth 17mth

Mouse
23-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Thank your for your help.

If I asked my in-laws to have Daisy on the other friday could i have the 2 year old? they have her nw on a Friday while I'm at work and are happy to continue as they enjoy having her.

Thanks again

Ofsted will leave that up to you to decide. The rule seems to be that if you can guarantee she will be looked after every other Friday, then you can take on another child in her place.
There is a post about it somewhere. I will see if I can find it.