PDA

View Full Version : Petition to ban glass bottles - I need YOUR help please....

francinejayne
22-08-2012, 10:50 PM
My friend's husband was tragically killed earlier this year, he was attacked with a glass bottle in a completely unprovoked attack, unfortunately he did not survive. He had a wife and 2 young children.

His wife Jane is doing her best to survive and continue living for the sake of their children, though it is understandably tough.

One thing that she is putting her heart and soul into is trying to get a ban on pubs and clubs serving drinks in glass bottles - she need signatures on a petition.

If every one of us on here signed the petition and shared it with our friends it would make a major difference - please help, it does only take a minute.

The link to the petition is ... http://www.pop-campaign.co.uk/

There is also a Facebook page that you could share if you have Facebook ... https://www.facebook.com/bottlestopnow

HUGE thank you for reading this and signing and sharing the petition.

EmmaReed84
23-08-2012, 05:16 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your friends husband, it is just awful that a human being can do this to another human!

My husband and I went out in March for his birthday and this girl was barging past everyone, I told her she could have said excuse me. About 10 minutes later her BF goes up to DH and starts mouthing off saying his GF DID say excuse me... DH apologised and said we didn't hear... he must have sad sorry about 3 times... yet the guy just got his pint glass and smacked the bottom across DH's head... thankfully it did not break.

That incident could have gone terribly wrong had he hit DH at a different angle or used a glass bottle.

I will definitely be signing... I know some bars and clubs (especially clubs) do plastic bottles, so they are actually available, don't know why the manufacturers don't use just plastic all the time...

RainbowMum
23-08-2012, 06:34 AM
I've just been and read the facebook page - your friend is an incredible woman - you can feel her pain seeping through the screen yet she has the courage and heart to try and help future victims, think I might be tearful all day!

I've signed and shared :thumbsup:

Bear23
23-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Same here, how awful

You just never know do you :(

desiderata
23-08-2012, 06:57 AM
signed and sharing on FB and twitter xx

ajs
23-08-2012, 07:04 AM
What strength, an amazing woman. Please pass on our best wishes to her.
I have signed and shared too.

AliceK
23-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Awful :(

Signed.

xxx

winstonian
23-08-2012, 07:57 AM
How awful.
Signed.
x

The Juggler
23-08-2012, 08:20 AM
that is so awful honey. i will sign but I'm thinking for these idiots who have anger problems you would need to ban all glass, tumblers, pint and wine glasses - they'd still find a way :(:(

AgentTink
23-08-2012, 08:59 AM
so sad. I have signed and shared on facebook.

x

EmmaReed84
23-08-2012, 09:03 AM
that is so awful honey. i will sign but I'm thinking for these idiots who have anger problems you would need to ban all glass, tumblers, pint and wine glasses - they'd still find a way :(:(

Sad times when fully frown adults cannot be trusted with glass anymore, isn't it? :panic:

francinejayne
23-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Thank you all for your support, every additional signature and person sharing the page on Facebook will make a difference, as it goes a little way to restore my friend's faith in people - her main focus at the moment is this petition, so if she gets all the signatures she needs she will feel she has achieved something through her husband's death xxx

The Juggler
23-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Sad times when fully frown adults cannot be trusted with glass anymore, isn't it? :panic:

absolutely awful. however, i feel even if all glass were banned these people would then carry knives or hit people with chairs - all deserve locking up. They are animals.:panic:

EmmaReed84
23-08-2012, 12:22 PM
absolutely awful. however, i feel even if all glass were banned these people would then carry knives or hit people with chairs - all deserve locking up. They are animals.:panic:

It is not what is used that should be banned, but the user who should be banned... banned some decent society.

I can feel my blood boil when I start to think about it, really makes me sick what people are capable of.

wendywu
23-08-2012, 02:33 PM
All done :)

Daftbat
23-08-2012, 02:58 PM
As someone else has pointed out banning glass bottles would not mean an end to this type of thing happening. Of course it is terrible and I feel for your friend but I am not sure how this will help. In lots of clubs and pubs plastic glasses are used but I am sure that this is to avoid accidents rather than trying to take away a possible weapon.

Your friend is lucky to have a lot of support from the sounds of it and I wish her well. These people are terrible and fortunately, in the minority.

JCrakers
23-08-2012, 05:42 PM
That is awful :(

I've signed and shared on FB

Linda Mc
23-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't know what to say hon, I'm so sorry for your friends loss. I've signed & got hubby, sister to sign too & shared on Facebook. Hope it helps. x

Maza
23-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Will do. I always said that if I was Prime Minister I would ban glass from clubs.

Angela234
23-08-2012, 09:47 PM
hOW AWFUL
hAVE SIGNED

caz3007
23-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Signed and shared

aly
24-08-2012, 08:18 AM
My friend's husband was tragically killed earlier this year, he was attacked with a glass bottle in a completely unprovoked attack, unfortunately he did not survive. He had a wife and 2 young children.

His wife Jane is doing her best to survive and continue living for the sake of their children, though it is understandably tough.

One thing that she is putting her heart and soul into is trying to get a ban on pubs and clubs serving drinks in glass bottles - she need signatures on a petition.

If every one of us on here signed the petition and shared it with our friends it would make a major difference - please help, it does only take a minute.

The link to the petition is ... http://www.pop-campaign.co.uk/

There is also a Facebook page that you could share if you have Facebook ... https://www.facebook.com/bottlestopnow

HUGE thank you for reading this and signing and sharing the petition.

I've got that page and already signed it, she put his last pic on last night....so sad!

angeldelight
24-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Terrible my heart goes out to your friend.

I've put it on my wall

Angel xx

francinejayne
25-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Thank you all for your help and support, I really appreciate it.