PDA

View Full Version : Just had 'the Call' for my Pre-Reg visit

Fb1988
22-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Hello!! My pre reg is going to be on the 11th September!

Can someone tell me, do they grade to there and then rather than coming back in 6-12months as it is now (old/current eyfs) I'm not sure if I heard wrong on my course? I was hoping for a pre September visit as I've swotted up loads on the current eyfs.

Anything major for the Pre-Reg I need to know?

Thanks Faye

sarah707
22-08-2012, 06:26 PM
As your pre-reg is when the revised EYFS has started you will be asked questions on that.

There isn't (as far as I am aware) a new pre-reg booklet so you will need to use the current one in conjunction with the revised EYFS.

You are not graded on pre-reg. You'll be fine! :clapping:

miffy
22-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Good luck - hope it goes well

Miffy xx

Fb1988
23-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Any Idea of how long my certifcate will take?

Smiley
24-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Hope this link works as I'm sending from iPad but it's a new document to prepare for registration visits
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloading/?file=documents/eyfs2012/Early%20Years%20Register%20preparing%20for%20your% 20registration%20visit%20from%20September%202012.p df&refer=0

kareninluton
24-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi
I applied to Ofsted on the 9th May, paid the invoice on 21st May, call on the 15th June and visit on the 12th July and then it took 3 weeks for the certificate to come through and took 12 weeks and 2 days. I was only waiting on social care checks after my visit which is dealt with by the child protection team which is why it took so long. i chased them about 5 days before i was registered.

hope that helps
Karen

Fb1988
06-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Hello! Well my visit is this Tuesday and I feel so out of my depth!! I have just been to a local authority inspection briefing, I just don't feel ready!!

So i can't have any actions - as in 'I'm going to do that'?
I need I have met all musts?
Have all RA's done?
I basically have to know the eyfs 2012 front to back?

Do I need to have registered with the tax/National insurance people?
Can they refuse registration on Tuesday? I feel like Im just stuck and wont be able to answer questions!?

Please someone help me :(

Faye x

MrsP2C
06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
I had my pre-reg on the 31st Aug but she explained the main practical difference for the new inspections will be the need to now be ready to open your doors for business- no To Do list or gaps in paperwork and yes knowledge of new EYFS and how you will put it into practise. Filling in the 'are you ready for your pre-reg inspection' booklet was a massive help and she spent a lot of time going over my answers & took it away to write up her notes. She flicked through my policies but specifically looked for the new ones such as mobile/camera use, parental responsibility etc.
She didn't quiz me on the EYFS as such but proposed a couple of scenarios about how I would adapt Different activities to suit different ages, how I will be following EYFS & doing things like Obs and checking against progress but as much advising as questioning me. She asked me about healthy eating & importance of outdoor exercise - what I'm planning & how I will teach children on this etc. I also picked her brain about condensing some of my permissions & policies & I'm sure you can still do that.

Hth & good luck

Fb1988
07-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Thank you so very much, I have taken a day off of work today to get my paperwork sorted! (hopefully)!

Ill guarantee I'll be back before Tuesday to ask Sonething else :)

Thanks again Faye x