PDA

View Full Version : does anyone...

mushpea
21-08-2012, 07:36 PM
foster cats whilst minding? we lost our lovley cat biscuit earlier this year, he was only 2yrs old and got liver problems, we now feel ready to have another kitten but i have been reading adoption center websites and read they need foster cat parents, do you think this is somting I could do as a childmnder?

Rubybubbles
21-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I looked into this about 2 years ago, the thing that put me off was not having a big window for people to come 'view' if you like as working full time and not wanting people around when working. I love the fact that this is out there though (but not as ob cats needing homes) but how the set up is

mushpea
21-08-2012, 07:57 PM
hmm somthing else to think about, I was thinking also of how I would manage not letting the cats outside if this isnt allowed,, we do have a room or my partner could put a door on the stairs so that fosterd cats could live upstairs but I dont know if the rescue centers would accpet this.

The Juggler
21-08-2012, 09:00 PM
if you do hon, make sure you restrict the numbers they make you take. we got our kitties from a foster home recently. the lady's house was mad - cats EVERYWHERE! and if I'm honest - it smelled bad :panic:

as long as you say a couple only - think it would be fine. but if you end up with preggie cats and lots of kittens could be hard work - I'm currently litter training 2 kittens and it's worse than potty training :laughing:

mushpea
22-08-2012, 07:01 PM
oh yuck,, after a long discusion with the OH yesterday we have decided not to foster as we think it would be to complicated , trying to stop the cats from getting out constantly, people viewing and as you said Juggler the mess and the smell,, instead we have decided to adopt a cat and in the future foster bunnies,, we have lots of hutches but they all have rescue piggys or bunnies in at the moment but instead of getting more pets as they pass away we will foster instead.