PDA

View Full Version : Observations Name/her/him/she/he?

EmmaReed84
21-08-2012, 11:42 AM
When writing more detailed observations do you repeatedly use the childs name or use he/she/him/her?

"X plays very well with other children and it able to join in another child's play. X likes to interact with other children and can initiate play. X will get two toys and hand on to another child and ask them to play"

or

"X plays very well with other children and it able to join in another child's play. She likes to interact with other children and can initiate play. She will get two toys and hand on to another child and ask them to play"

Just wondered lol

AgentTink
21-08-2012, 11:52 AM
A mixture because I hate reading it back and having to repeat the child's name over and over. On the other hand I don't like to many she's and he's because I think this sounds wrong to. :rolleyes:

EmmaReed84
21-08-2012, 11:58 AM
A mixture because I hate reading it back and having to repeat the child's name over and over. On the other hand I don't like to many she's and he's because I think this sounds wrong to. :rolleyes:

That is the same here... Whenever I write "She" I always hear my Mother saying "Who's she? The cat's mother?!" lol

Don't know why but "she" just sounds rude...not rude naughty, but sort of disrespectful