PDA

View Full Version : Visitors log

Storks
21-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know where i can download a visitors log, or if not just what info needs to be on there and i'll print one up?
I thought there would be one in the NCMA kit.........but you know what thought did!!!:blush:

Thank you in advance:)

Mouse
21-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't have one and never have.

What sort of thing would you want to note on it? Perhaps think about why you want to have one, what you want to record & then put headings on columns.

AgentTink
21-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I just made one myself. I have attached a copy for you to use as you wish. The reason i did use one is because for a while i had a NVQ assessor coming every other week, and I felt more comfortable knowing i had something logged about it.

hectors house
21-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Do the parents have to log in and out also - if so it might make a couple of them just drop and run, instead of staying quarter of an hour?

I don't mind info share but when they come early and sit on your sofa chatting for 15 mins when they can see you are trying to get mindees breakfasts so you can do school runs on time!

Boris
21-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't have a visitors log. I don't have lots of people coming and going, rarely have visitors in the day actually. I am interested to know how many do have a log.

bunyip
21-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I have one. It records who visited, time arrived/departed, reason for visit, comments, and then they sign to say that they were not left unattended with the children at any time.

Entries so far:

EHO officer, who called to drop off my Safer Food pack.
Policeman, who called to collect some property we found.
Ofsted inspector.
My asssessor for my diploma, who does some observations here.

I really don't expect to use it much once my assessor has finished.

Ofsted were pleased to see I had one, but never gave any impression of expecting to see one usually.

Maybe I just live with so much paperwork that I just don't know when to stop. :D

rickysmiths
21-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know where i can download a visitors log, or if not just what info needs to be on there and i'll print one up?
I thought there would be one in the NCMA kit.........but you know what thought did!!!:blush:

Thank you in advance:)

I don't have one and never have. I work from my home, I am not an institution and I know who is in my home. If I have a visitor they are never left alone with the minded children anyway. Ofsted have never asked me for one and nor should they expect to see one or mark you down if you haven't got one. Last Sept i got outstanding for safeguarding. :thumbsup: