PDA

View Full Version : Mixed feelings in Chicago

littletreasures
19-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, we've arrived in Chicago for a holiday with a difference.

My youngest daughter is moving out here, well to Michigan, to go to college.

We flew into Chicago today and move up to the colleg on Michigan on Thursday.

I'm pleased I'll get to see where C is going to be living and get a chance to meet her roommate and her parents before I leave her here next week.

Her roommate's family only live 10 miles from the campus, so I'm hoping they will take C under their wing and look after her for me.

rickysmiths
19-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Good Luck. I'm sure all will go well though I'm sure it won't be easy leaving her behind.

The Juggler
19-08-2012, 10:14 PM
aww glad it's going well xx

blue bear
20-08-2012, 06:20 AM
What a fabulous place to go to college, lucky girl. You are very brave letting her go all that way.

Chimps Childminding
20-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Ah thats going to be hard, I was bad enough leaving DS1 at Uni in Cardiff and its only an hour and a half away!!

BUT, she will have a great experience over there and something she will remember all her life - doesn't make it easier on us parents though :rolleyes:

Hope you have a good time while out there!!! :thumbsup:

Maza
20-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Bless you. I'm already dreading the day I drop my DD off at uni as I remember it was so emotional when my family dropped me off many years ago. What an amazing opportunity for her. Remember, it won't be forever, and at least she won't be able to drop off her dirty laundry at yours at the weekend! Good luck, hope it's not too traumatic for you. x

sarah707
20-08-2012, 06:39 AM
:group hug::group hug:

The Juggler
20-08-2012, 07:29 AM
aww glad it's going well xx

meant to add,you KNOW she will be fine. You have 2 beautiful intelligent girls and they will grow immensely knowing you trust them to go to uni so far away.

It will fly by xx

Roseolivia
20-08-2012, 07:31 AM
How exciting for your daughter. I'm sure she'll be fine and come back with an American twang in her voice.

jelly15
20-08-2012, 07:37 AM
What a fantastic opportunity for your DD and she is lucky to have such supportive parents. I feel for you though, I remember leaving DS the first time at uni two yaers ago and he was only an hour and twenty mins away.

Kiddleywinks
20-08-2012, 07:40 AM
WOW, what a fantastic opportunity for your DD!

I spent 6 weeks out in the states, many many moons ago now, but found the people to be very sincere, kind, and eager to help, especially when they found out we were from the UK.

Hope you have a lovely time whilst you're there, and feel reassured when it's time to come home :thumbsup: