PDA

View Full Version : My diet diary (sort of)

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Okay i'm rubbish at keeping diarys so this is when i'm doing really well or very naughty lol.

I started today, i had toast for brekkie and i've just had an apple and only 1 can of pepsi, i'm trying to have just one can a day for one week as i don't want the headaches of suddenly stopping the caffeine. Tomorrow i'm going to post a full length piccie and my vitals in the photo section as it's password protected (don't want all and sundry to know how much i weigh lol). So far i've stayed away from the chocs which is really good as i tend to nibble when on the pc.

xxx

manjay
01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Well done Theresa but don't you need more than an apple for lunch? Don't want your body going into starvation mode!!! I will do the same on Monday. I presume it is the same password!

amanda xx

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Amanda, angel said it was the same (shame i've forgotten it and angel hasn't sent it to me, hint hint lol)

I'm going to have some soup in a minute, the apple was a lazy snack lol

xx

emler
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Well done Theresa - sounds like you've made a good start. I will be back on Weight Watchers on Monday so will be joining you all then.
I'm still paying for Weight Watchers online but kind of came of the diet as Christmas approached and I'm frightened to weigh myself now lol

Emler x

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I know i'm over 15 stone, hopefully i'll get some diet advice tomorrow when i go for my diabetes test. I really have to lose weight not just for my self esteem but for health too

xxx

ps is weight watchers any good emler?

emler
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
It works for me (when I stick to it). I do well for the first 4-5 weeks before the chocolate cravings start again! I count points and stay within my daily allowance so its easy to do

Emler x

angeldelight
01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Well done Theresa

Make sure you eat enough though

Sorry I will send you the password

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
oooo can't be bothered with counting points etc, i'm far to lazy :laughing:

xxx

emler
01-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Its easy Theresa - when I do it online, I type in the food I want to eat & it tells me how many points! It calculates it for me so my brain doesn't hurt!!!

Emler x

Spangles
01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Good luck Theresa -looking forward to reading your diary entries - I bet it will be quite funny at times!

I'm going to be starting my diet too at the end of the week, I've got just over a stone to lose now after pigging out over Christmas! I'm going to try and exercise Mon, Wed and Fri mornings too so might do a diary in the same section including exercise!

Good luck again - you can definitely do this!

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
emler i can't afford to join it, i was going to pinch some recipes from you lol

Lorri, you've deffo got to start a diary, it will help motivate me to exercise as i'm a right lazy bum

good luck

xxx

Monkey1
01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Well done honey! can i join in too? need to lose weight for hol in May. Was thinking of buying Paul Mckennas book that has just come out. Has anyone got it? Angel can i have the password too please? Looking at photos of last night......i look like a moouse!

LittleMissSparkles
01-01-2008, 02:50 PM
paul McKenna was on tv with his eat yourself thin thingy cant remember what channel but its in parts

gist of it was

eat what you want to

chew your food 20 times

put your knife / fork down between mouthfuls

always leave something on your plate

drink lots of water

imagine yourself thinner and how youd like to be

eat when you are hungry but not for the sake of it

stop when you are full

GOOD LUCK LADIES XXXX

angeldelight
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah I was reading about that in the paper Susan the other day

Seemed to good to be true though - I did wonder if anyone had ever tried it because a lot of people swear by it

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
01-01-2008, 02:56 PM
i've seen before and after photos but you never know if they are fixed or not !

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
oh dear i didn't last very long, sorry ladies i've let myself and you all down, this is my post on sandra's quitting smoking thread

when you get the craving do something with your hands, i.e type, sew or knit, i'm going to do this when i get a craving for chocolate (will start tomorrow as i've just had a fun sized bounty bar :blush: )

manjay
01-01-2008, 03:16 PM
paul McKenna was on tv with his eat yourself thin thingy cant remember what channel but its in parts

gist of it was

eat what you want to

chew your food 20 times

put your knife / fork down between mouthfuls

always leave something on your plate

drink lots of water

imagine yourself thinner and how youd like to be

eat when you are hungry but not for the sake of it

stop when you are full

GOOD LUCK LADIES XXXX

Some of this is fundamentally wrong for me! For instance I spend my whole life imagining myself thinner, not worked yet!. I feel it's rude to leave something on my plate! i have literally 10 seconds to eat my meal so there is no way I could fit in 20 chews of each mouthful and if I put my knife and fork down ds would throw them on the floor! and finally isn't it supposed to take 20 minutes for your brain to realise your belly is full? by which time I have finished whatever is on my plate anyway!!!

I somehow don't think this one will work for me!! haha

amanda xx

Blaze
01-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I know i'm over 15 stone, hopefully i'll get some diet advice tomorrow when i go for my diabetes test. I really have to lose weight not just for my self esteem but for health too

xxx

ps is weight watchers any good emler?

Theresa, I lost 6&1/2 stone with WW in a year & kept the weight off no problem for about 18 months untill I got pregnant with J (then as usual I ballooned - which really wasn't fair as I craved strawberries )! I intend to shift the weight this year I will be doing WW online too, I must admit I will miss the meetings, but our local one will be difficult to get to while I'm working (it's a lunchtime meeting). If WW can work for me, it can work for anyone! I lost 1/2 stone before Christmas...which I have now put back on!!!:rolleyes:
Tasha:)

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
thanks tasha, will give it a go, now see my new thread lol

xxx

carolinel
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Some of this is fundamentally wrong for me! For instance I spend my whole life imagining myself thinner, not worked yet!. I feel it's rude to leave something on my plate! i have literally 10 seconds to eat my meal so there is no way I could fit in 20 chews of each mouthful and if I put my knife and fork down ds would throw them on the floor! and finally isn't it supposed to take 20 minutes for your brain to realise your belly is full? by which time I have finished whatever is on my plate anyway!!!

I somehow don't think this one will work for me!! haha

amanda xx

hahaha, very funny and so true Amanda!!

Minnie Minx
02-01-2008, 06:52 AM
oh god i'm so hungry, my stomach is telling me to eat some toast but my brain is winning, roll on 10am when i should be able to eat, i think i'll take a banana to the appointment with me, then i can eat it on the bus home :) i've also got very bad indigestion :( must have been the salad yesterday, i'm not used to eating rabbit food :laughing:

xx

Tily Bud
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
How did you get on with your appointment Theresa ?

Minnie Minx
03-01-2008, 08:35 PM
it was fine thanks cheryl, 5.8 and got to go back in 6 months, had a loverly green plaster on all day rofl

Ooooo i'm being kind of good, had wholemeal toast with just a scraping of butter this morning, sausage roll for my lunch (not good lol) and chicken escalopes and salad for my tea. I had no sugar in my hot chocolate so i'm pleased with that.

Only downfall is the 2 cans of pepsi but i had a stressful night and day and think i deserved them :laughing:

xx

also had 2 fun size bounty bars sshh don't tell anyone

Minnie Minx
04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
on a scale of 1 to 10 how naughty is a scone with butter, jam and squirty cream? i say 3 lol

xxxx

emler
04-01-2008, 07:12 AM
ha ha you make me laugh Theresa - I'd say 11

Emler x

Spangles
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
How's it going Theresa?

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi lorri, it's going quite well lol, this will be the 4th day without coke/pepsi, i normally cave in and have a little bottle but i've been really good and god how i miss the caffeine and sugar hit.

Eating healthily too, having salad with my tea every other night and normal veg on the others. drinking loads of water and eating so much fruit it's unreal. I managed to buy two coconuts for 20p each the other day so i spend my munch time eating those. I really miss my chocolate and cola though so i'm hoping the cravings for these will go soon, unfortunately i can't drink diet cola as the aspartame gives me bad migraines so i'm having to go without :( which is a drag.

I'm getting the camera from my parents tomorrow so i'll weigh myself and then take some piccies and post them in the photo section.

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Well done Theresa for sticking to it

I will also try to do my pic if not you will have to help me ha

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 10:43 AM
how's your diet going angel? hope you're having a mid morning healthy snack! :)

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 10:44 AM
It is going well - I did post somewhere under my thread angels diet or something or other ha

I am hungry though but the first week is going to be tough and I knew it

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
oooo woman you make me so mad :laughing: you musn't deprive yourself of food, the weight will take longer to come off as your body goes into starvation mode, have a banana - please :D

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
I am eating what I am supposed to be eating dont worry I am not daft

But compared to last week and the last year I am starving if you know what I mean - compared to what I WAS eating

That is why I can tell such a difference this week

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Hmmm i'll it go for now, but if i hear one whisper that you feel faint or too tired then i'm getting the train down to you and will give you a good shaking lol

xxxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 10:51 AM
haha

i dont mind you coming down for the day or a few

xx

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I'll keep you to that lol

xxx

Spangles
09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Well done, I had to give up caffeine which is why I still have decaff tea and coke and it was REALLY hard - had major, major headaches and withdrawal but only lasted 2 or 3 days for me. I eat chocolate again now - no, I'm an ex-chocolate eater - but I shouldn't have it!

Going on a diet at the same time as giving up caffeine must be a really trial!

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
it is lorri but i used to drink so much cola, over 2 2 litre bottles a day, god it's no wonder i'm fat lol, the diet as such is just me eating healthily, ie salad, fruit and veg, i did have a small chocolate bar last night but for me it's more of cutting down on the chocolate, stopping the cola and actually eating some veg and fruit with my meals

xxx

Spangles
09-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Can't believe how much coke you drank! Were you bloated and trumpety???

I'm really bad with veg and fruit.

I only like roasted vegetables and can only eat carrots if they are in something (IYSWIM). I love onions, mushrooms, parsnip and garlic but you can't really just eat that! As for fruit I only eat royal gala apples and i'm not that keen on them, I sometimes like bananas if they don't taste earthy and they are small and I go through phases of liking grapes!

Salad is okay but usually I buy it and end up throwing it away when it goes off!

I'm very unhealthy!

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
i was very bloated and i know the others won't believe me as i had wind at the meeting (i was nervous) but i only get wind when i'm on my aunt flo's and then it's really painful wind that sometimes makes my stomach muscles contract (i've been crying with pain because of the wind) but i've been drinking fizzy pop since i can remember and really love the taste of coke and pepsi and i don't drink tea or coffee very often. I'm also finding that i don't feel full up so i'm compensating by eating fruit lol (apart from today i've had 4 sandwiches so far this afternoon)

xxx

custardcream
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
cant you have sparkling flavoured water instead of the coke, its still got that fizzyness and is much better for you.

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 03:34 PM
that's a good idea custard cream, ooo i'm daft i didn't even think of buying that, just bottles of flipping evian lol. I'm going to go shopping tomorrow to buy some, i know tesco do some lovely flavours, i am missing the fizz lol

xx

Spangles
09-01-2008, 03:38 PM
That must be horrible Theresa, hopefully that will stop now?

Carbonated drinks do make you feel very full, that's one of the main reasons I drink them plus I love the flavour of diet coke too. I also have carbonated peach water from Tesco and that's lovely and refreshing but I guess it's probably best for you to avoid any fizzy drinks at the mo.

custardcream
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I drink perfectly clear sparkling strawberry and kiwi one and its lovely and refreshing.I am like you and love the fizziness, it makes me feel fuller.

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 03:52 PM
*sigh* i'm going to go and do my huge pile of ironing as sitting here talking about coke and pepsi is really making me crave some lol. Keep up the good work everyone, just think we'll all be slimmer for the forum meet :)

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 03:53 PM
we are meeting soon Theresa again so lets hope we can shift a little for then

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 06:54 PM
thought i'd better confess, i'm eating steak, fried chips and mushrooms and loving every mouthful :D

xxx

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Theresa what happened to the salad and fruit ?

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 07:56 PM
erm piles and leave it at that :D

xx

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 07:56 PM
haha

xx

manjay
15-01-2008, 07:58 PM
erm piles and leave it at that :D

xx

TMI me thinks!! Hope you enjoyed it, it sounds good! Drool, drool

amanda xx

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 07:58 PM
yes that's right, you laugh, it's not your piles that are playing up lol

xxx

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I have never had piles in my life and they sound horrible so i hope i never get them

xx

emler
15-01-2008, 08:00 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Emler x

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I have never had piles in my life and they sound horrible so i hope i never get them

xx

I've had them for years, ever since i was annorexic lol

xx