PDA

View Full Version : We have a pigeon....

WibbleWobble
17-08-2012, 05:41 PM
His name is Percy and he started hanging round our house last week. We ignored him but on Tuesday we caught him, put him in a cat box and rang his owner (he is a racing pigeon). His owner told us to keep him in the box, feed him and give him water. Keep him quiet (he was in the shed) and then today (friday) drive away from the house and let him go. We did this.:thumbsup:

He is back....:(

So his Daddy is calling again tonight.....we dont know what to do. Beachgirl29s hubby thinks 45 mins in the oven would be perfect......he is a nasty man.

What should we do?

Wibble xx

Roseolivia
17-08-2012, 05:57 PM
How cute, he must think he'll be looked after better with you:)

Try taking him out again somewhere different.

blue bear
17-08-2012, 06:02 PM
They are great stuffed and cooked on a spit roast. I hate pigeons, flying rats.

WibbleWobble
17-08-2012, 06:03 PM
How cute, he must think he'll be looked after better with you:)

Try taking him out again somewhere different.

we are should set ourselves up as a tour operator for racing pigeons....

i dont think we can catch him again....was a fluke he went into the shed.

flamin bird!

WibbleWobble
17-08-2012, 06:06 PM
we have two elderly cats who havent even noticed he is hanging around the garden.

wibble xx

FussyElmo
17-08-2012, 06:52 PM
A racing pigeon who doesnt want to fly home he must think yours is home :)

Whereabouts is home and has his owner called. I know the few pigeon owners I know would travel to get him. Now bear in mind i only know a few its not like I associate with pigeon fanciers :laughing:

WibbleWobble
17-08-2012, 07:09 PM
A racing pigeon who doesnt want to fly home he must think yours is home :)

Whereabouts is home and has his owner called. I know the few pigeon owners I know would travel to get him. Now bear in mind i only know a few its not like I associate with pigeon fanciers :laughing:

i am in south cheshire....percy's daddy lives in Tipton...nr Birmingham.

From the sounds of it Percy's daddy sounds elderly....

and your secrets safe with me......;)

FussyElmo
17-08-2012, 07:46 PM
i am in south cheshire....percy's daddy lives in Tipton...nr Birmingham.

From the sounds of it Percy's daddy sounds elderly....

and your secrets safe with me......;)

Hey apparantly they do a cracking weekend away in every year - the stories I heard sometimes it may be the end of a marriage. Luckily Im just a xbox widow :eek: actually not sure whats worse :rolleyes:

WibbleWobble
17-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Actually fussyelmo, dont you live down the D road from me?.....we could leave Percy at yours :laughing::laughing:

FussyElmo
17-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Actually fussyelmo, dont you live down the D road from me?.....we could leave Percy at yours :laughing::laughing:

Not far we can chuck Percy in with the chickens :thumbsup:

beachgirl29
17-08-2012, 08:13 PM
sounds like i am lucky not to be eating pigeon tonight then! everyone loves your house im not surprised he's not leaving!

Gizmo
17-08-2012, 08:49 PM
We have two big fat ones that seem to strut round my front garden, they aren't racing ones, so does anyone have any good recipes lol xx :laughing::laughing:

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Beachgirl29s hubby thinks 45 mins in the oven would be perfect......he is a nasty man.

What should we do?

I agree, 45 mins might be a bit too long, go for 35...

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

teacake2
18-08-2012, 09:25 PM
One adopted me a couple of years ago, he was a beautiful black racing pigeon with purple and green markings, he had 2 rings on his legs but he wouldn't let me hold him although he used to eat out of my hand. He stayed for 6 months all through the bad winter and then disappeared, I thought I had lost him but low and behold he turned up in the spring with a friend and they stayed all summer and then on the 20th October, I know the date because I took a photo of them both on that day, they flew away and I have never seen them again, been two years now and I still miss him:blush::blush::blush:
I called him buddy.
Teacake2

WibbleWobble
18-08-2012, 09:32 PM
he is roosting on next doors extension and spending all day in our garden or on the fences.

We have renamed him....he is called Walter Pigeon (you have to be old to get that)

I want OH to make a dovecote for him which will go on the wall. OH says he doesnt want bird :censored:all down our newly painted wall. I think OH has no heart.....

Wibble xxx

miffy
18-08-2012, 09:48 PM
We have renamed him....he is called Walter Pigeon (you have to be old to get that)

Wibble xxx

That made me laugh - then I read the bit in brackets :( :laughing:

Walter obviously feels well at home at yours :D

Miffy xx

beachgirl29
20-08-2012, 05:11 PM
have meet Walter today and really like him and jealous! the kids enjoyed feeding him seeds and i think Mrs wibble wobble has fallen in love with him!