PDA

View Full Version : Had pre-reg inspection this morning!

Jexer72
16-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I was worried but I needn't have been. The inspector was lovely and very very chatty - in fact I had difficulty getting a word in ;)

I think the inspection will be a little different in September and to be honest I'm pleased to have got it out of the way before the changes. If any of you are going to be inspected after Sept I suggest you swot up on the 7 areas of learning as they probably will ask you to tell them what you know about that. My inspector told me that would be one of the changes.

She asked me what I understand about equal opportunities, how I will deal with behaviour and my evacuation procedure and fire drills.

She looked through my policies and my Prospectus (wasn't at all interested in my web site).

She asked me about hand washing and it wasn't until I had reeled off a load of gumph about washing before meals, etc that I found out she meant how will I deal with cross contamination. In otherwords I need to have paper towels and a bin in my downstairs loo!

All in all it went well - letter of intention in the post with certificate to follow :cool:

Glass of wine tonight to celebrate. I can relax for 5 minutes now :D

Buttonsjan
16-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Well done!
We talked about cross-contamination, I've got small (named) towels for each child which she was happy with, an idea if you didn't want paper towels.

Jan

Jexer72
17-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks, that's a lovely idea. :)