PDA

View Full Version : New EYFS - Individual planning for Sept

welshgirl
16-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I am just doing my first individual planning under the new areas of learning for September (I have finnished work now till Sept). I have managed to do most of it and link it to the new area, but I am really struggling to find where I would link playing with cars, using a road map rug, and introducing cars to other media, such as paint, in sand, compost etc. Also child is just turned 2, so should I only be focussing on the Prime areas? Its just some of the planning links to the Specific Areas.
Many thanks

sarah707
16-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Of course the planning links to the specific areas! The child will be doing creative things and exploring maths and reading books etc etc.

The prime areas are the focus for younger children but the others cannot and must not be ignored!

Hth :D

lin maddox
08-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm well new so this is just a guess, i would think cars and maps would link in with understanding the world, use cars for transport. I believe once the child reaches age two need to cover all 7 areas focus on the main 3 but not ignoring the other 4 if that makes sense. I'm going on a course shortly covers planning and assessment on the new EYFS may be worth looking into its on the traded learning website. I think i'm getting it free with being new and my child minding friend is also. I think it costs £20 but could be worth asking co ordinator if you were interested that is. Sand and soil may be expressive arts exploring different materials? Hope this as helped.:D