PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

Buttonsjan
16-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi all, I've been a silent lurker, soaking up all your knowledge but I thought I'd come out and say Hi!

I've had my pre-reg (went well) and am official, but I'm waiting for children! I'm not good at waiting for things to happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jan x

JoRo163
16-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Hi all, I've been a silent lurker, soaking up all your knowledge but I thought I'd come out and say Hi!

I've had my pre-reg (went well) and am official, but I'm waiting for children! I'm not good at waiting for things to happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jan x

Welcome out of lurkerdom!

I registered a month ago, so in the same boat really. I've tried the usual advertising in shop windows, leaflet drops, registered with FIS, yell.com and other local listings (I just googled 'childminder listings' to see what came up). But so far my only enquiries have come from childcare.co.uk

I've had maybe 5or 6 enquiries so far, some of which were unsuitable due to the wrong schools or they want home collections/drop offs which I won't do. But I have 2 meetings lined up for tomorrow, so fingers crossed I'll get some work from it!

I think I'm going to do a website next, but waiting til term starts when I'll have more time to do it properly rather than a rushed job!

Any other ideas - let me know!!

jumpinjen
17-08-2012, 06:16 AM
I put my details on al the free online business directories I could find - it is how I've had most of my business - parents plug childminder and their area in to google and hey presto, I pop up!!!

Go to cm groups and say hello to local minders - they can pass on enquiries to you that they can't fulfil.

Tell everyone you meet that you are a minder and chat about it - I've had business this way too.

Ask friends you have if they can put up a poster for you at their work place....

Good luck, Jen x

Buttonsjan
17-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Good luck JoJo, thanks Jen

I've had a couple from childcare.co.uk but not suitable, I'll see what google throws up!!

Thanks
Jan