PDA

View Full Version : Fire Brigade letter?

BubbleBabies
16-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi, I am in the process of registering and doing what is required to start a childminder business and I am a little bit stuck.

I was told my business gateway that I need a letter from my local fire brigade stating what I need even if nothing is required but all I was is my “Home Safety” form which was given to me when they came to my home. Is this enough or should I call my local fire brigade to ask for a letter?

Heaven Scent
16-08-2012, 09:19 AM
I've never heard of anyone needing a letter - perhaps its the case in your area - I shouldn't imagine that the fire Brigade would be too happy with having to do such a letter as it would be yet more red tape and paperwork eating into their fire prevention and fire fighting time.

I had them out for a visit before I started and they said they no longer make recommendations but they do educate people in fire prevention and provide free smoke detectors.

babs
16-08-2012, 10:55 AM
if you ring your local station they will come out and inspect your premises and do you a fire safety check, mine did and i got 2 free smoke alarms one on each floor.