PDA

View Full Version : LJ again

Little Pickles
15-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi just need to check .... A child who comes one day a week to me but 4 days to nursery , she has another year before she starts school ..... Do I just keep doing EYFS in September and continue her LJ ? I am getting I little confused so I apologise if I am being a bit thick !:blush:

sarah707
15-08-2012, 08:27 PM
You carry on with LJ until the child only comes to you for before and after school care or in the holidays.

It is EYFS 2012 requirement 1.3 -

Wrap around (care offered before and after a school day, e.g. by an after school club or by a childminder) and holiday providers (provision exclusively in the school holidays) should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

Hth :D

Little Pickles
15-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Wonderful thank you so much for clarifying that Sarah , and thank you for all your advice on all the posts I read :clapping: