PDA

View Full Version : ICP Multiple Choice Exam

mummyof3
13-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I did my mock exam and last night went to college and only got 15/25 (fail) :( I sat and spoke to the tutor who was lovely and a good help. She said that there is no 'fail' only a refer and if you do not get 18/25 then you just have to take it again next time the exams come around. She also said you can still be registered and take it as many times as it takes to pass. Its something you have to have under your belt but won't stop you minding.

I am VERY confused now because I have read people on this forum saying you only get two chances and then thats it you can't become a childminder.:eek:

Why is everything so confusing!!!!! :angry:

bubbly
13-06-2008, 09:00 AM
She said that there is no 'fail' only a refer and if you do not get 18/25 then you just have to take it again next time the exams come around. She also said you can still be registered and take it as many times as it takes to pass.

I am VERY confused now because I have read people on this forum saying you only get two chances and then thats it you can't become a childminder.:eek:

I was also told the same as you i.e. you can take the exam as many times as necessary until passing. I got very confused too when I read on here that you're only allowed 2 chances. I don't know what's true.

I passed my ICP in Nov at the first attempt but only because I was so relaxed knowing if I failed I could re-sit as many times as I needed (ok, so I may have had to pay an exam fee after a couple of failures) but I was at ease knowing I'd get there eventually.

I was quite shocked when I read here that you only get 2 attempts because had I known that at the time, I would've freaked out and probably keeled over with stress :eek:

Annie_T
13-06-2008, 10:26 AM
oh hun im sure when it come to real thing your be ok.

I was told that i could take 3 times for free but had pay after that if i did not pass. but i think it is different for each area etc.

I wouldnt worry to much til you get your result thru once you have odne it hun .. im sure your find it better doing it for real than the mock

FizzysFriends
13-06-2008, 10:37 AM
I know what your saying about less pressure if you can take it as many times as you like. Do you think its a regional thing about how many times you can take it?

Im going to mail my tutor and ask her what the rules are in this area, I have my exam next month.

bubbly
13-06-2008, 10:55 AM
From the other thread that was on the forum, I gathered it was a regional thing. It's pretty daft considering we all do the same job though.

mummyof3
13-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I have to admit I am feeling more optimistic and less pressure now I know that I can take it until I pass, also that I can still be registered before passing. My tutor said she didn't really understand why I can't pass it as I'm always first in class with the correct answers etc. She did say the real thing isn't as difficult so thats promising! My mind just goes blank when faced with an exam I have always been like that :panic:

Was starting to think it would take me years to become a childminder :laughing:

I just don't understand why it seems to be a postcode lottery when we all do the same jobs at the end of the day. :rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
13-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I would think you still have to have passed within 6 months though as it says that in the OFSTED pperwork, so guess that wont be regional.

Cazz
13-06-2008, 11:29 PM
In my area you don't have to sit the exam at all if you don't want to, so I can't see where it should stop you from childminding or it would be compulsory for everyone to do it!

I'm going to sit it though as if you don't pass it then you can't go on to do further modules (?).

Good luck with the next one - I'm sure you'll pass, you were so close this time! :thumbsup:

Carole x

chels55
14-06-2008, 07:32 AM
My tutor told us if we dont pass first time we can have a go at 1 more test free but if we fail that we have to pay for tests ourselves.
i wouldnt worry too much as my class had only one person who needed to repeat and she passed on second attempt

emmadines
16-06-2008, 06:16 PM
we didnt do a mock exam?

aims
17-06-2008, 08:04 PM
We get 2 chances at passing the exam, but it's not actually compulsary to pass, just to sit it and attend the ICP course.

I have my mock tomorrow night and have been reading through my notes and copious hand outs, hopefully it'll all go in by next Monday when I have the test for real. I don't like failing!

Good luck to anyone taking their's soon. x

emmaalex
23-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi i know how you feel. i did my exam in may. I did 3 practice exams and i fail everyone of them and i thought that was it i was going to fail.

I have received my certificate and i passed. i was so worried that i was going to have to do it again as i about to start childminding within the next week.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Emma.

button68
23-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Isn't there some 'test' questions somewhere on the web? :idea: I'm sure I stummbled across them ages ago :rolleyes:

Banana
23-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I did my mock exam and last night went to college and only got 15/25 (fail) :( I sat and spoke to the tutor who was lovely and a good help. She said that there is no 'fail' only a refer and if you do not get 18/25 then you just have to take it again next time the exams come around. She also said you can still be registered and take it as many times as it takes to pass. Its something you have to have under your belt but won't stop you minding.

Why is everything so confusing!!!!! :angry:

Best thing is not to worry.

Youcan mind without the exam pass but it is essential that you pass it within 6 months of registering, You wont be stopped from minding initially but if you hadnt passed it by the end of 6 months your registration would be affected

x

FizzysFriends
23-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Isn't there some 'test' questions somewhere on the web? :idea: I'm sure I stummbled across them ages ago :rolleyes:

There is a mock exam on the NCMA website.

My exam date has come through and it the its the same day as my first aid :(

caralynd
23-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I have mine on thurs and im dreading it!!!!! :panic:
We went through some practice questions last week and i just dont agree with some of the answers!! So scared:(