PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep paperwork?

SimplyLucy
13-06-2008, 06:33 AM
May seem an odd question, but where do you keep your paperwork?

I use the NCMA contracts so they come in a book. Do you tear them out and keep them in a folder for each child with their permission forms, child record forms etc. ? or do you just leave them in the book with other childrens info?

What do you do with contracts/record forms/permission froms from children that have left?

I'm have insperation to get myself more organised at the moment.........not often I feel like this so I ought to act on it quickly!:D

Gherkin
13-06-2008, 06:40 AM
I have a folder for each child or family.

sarah707
13-06-2008, 06:43 AM
I have a folder for each child... I put in contract, permissions forms etc... then as they are here, copy invoices until they are paid, attendance forms, medical stuff, notes of concern etc.

The obs, assessments and planning go in my files next to my desk which need sorting out this morning :rolleyes:

crazybones
13-06-2008, 06:46 AM
I have a folder for each child with all their records in. (Just had to buy 3 more :D ) They are kept locked in my sideboard.

SimplyLucy
13-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Glad I stocked up on folders in Tesco last night then! Think I'll do family ones though, that way I'll only need 2.

Then I'll have 2 folders, one each for the 2 that I'll have doing EYFS.

Then I think I'll have a leverarch file to put people that have finished coming to me, can still keep each family separate, but saves having loads and loads of files.

I don't really have anywhere to put them that can be locked. :rolleyes:

Do you think if I cleared a high cupboard out (I have a wall of kitchen cabinents in then diningroom end of my kitchen diner) I could keep folders in there. I wouldn't want to ruin the cupboard by putting a lock on it though, but the folders would be out of sight. Wonder if that will be ok?

crazybones
13-06-2008, 07:05 AM
You have to prove to Ofsted how you can keep confidential info away from prying eyes. I am sure some on here use methods were things are not locked away but kept safey from view. I made hubby attack my lovely sideboard and put a lock on it :( then realised I could have used understairs cupboard instead.

miffy
13-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I bought a lockable filing box from whs and keep children's folders with contracts etc in that.

Ofsted inspector was happy with that

miffy xx

babyandchild
13-06-2008, 07:24 AM
I keep seperate folders for each of the children in a locked filing cabinet in a cupboard under the stairs. I also keep files in there for children who no longer come to me.
Ofsted were happy with that when they did my inspection!
I keep my EYFS obs and learning journeys in the same place and get them out on the days that a particular child comes so I can add stuff daily to their files.
Hope this helps x

angeldelight
13-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Never mind new folders

I need a bigger house to keep them all in !

Angel xx

miffy
13-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Never mind new folders

I need a bigger house to keep them all in !

Angel xx

I know that feeling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy xx