PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

child_friendly
13-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi
I registered in March of this year and have had a few in enquiries but nothing has come of them :(. So I am still waiting for my first mindee, I have my own little boy to look after so I am kept busy, but obviously I want to mind other children and have an income coming in. The thing is due to finiancial issues etc me and my little family have decided to move house up North within the next couple of months. So I am wondering what to do about my childminding for the time being. I want to continue childminding when we move, but am just thinking of now. I haven't had my first inspection yet as haven't had/ got any children yet. I am wondering am I able to put my childminding on hold for a few months until I get settled in my new house? I don't want to cancel my registration. Or should I just keep doing what im doing and explain to Ofsted what is happening and see what they say?

sarah707
13-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Ofsted will wait a little while, especially if you tell them you are moving and inform them of dates etc.

Best not cancel registration - it is getting harder for people to register and there's less money around.

Good luck with the move! :D

Wikipedia.
14-08-2012, 07:16 AM
If you are moving house you will need to inform Ofsted of the new address and dates of move as soon as possible, if you've not had your post registration inspection then a pro forma will be required, if you have providing you didn't get inadequate Ofsted will take your new house details and issue you with a new certificate in time for you to begin minding at your new home, remember, forgetting to inform Ofsted and then beginning to mind whilst at your new premises without a registered certificate means you will be acting against the conditions of your initial registration.

loocyloo
14-08-2012, 07:23 AM
i didn't work for 4/5mths when i moved house.

just phone ofsted, tell them you are planning to move. when you have moved you will need to send them a risk assessment of your new house, they may come and visit you just to check over the house. you can tell them once you've moved thatyou don't have any children yet, and if they phone you to inspect, if you tell them that you don't have any minded children, they won't come out.

good luck

where abouts are you thinking of moving to?

child_friendly
14-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Loocyloo- were looking to move to Sheffield. Its a big change from Devon to Sheffield thats for sure. I have family that live there and family in Manchester also so will still be close to some family. There's more to do there for children as well as us adults and its so much cheaper than Devon.

Wikipedia- I don't intend to mind when moved without informing Ofsted first.

Its been so frustrating and upsetting not having any minded children and has hit us hard as only living off one income, but hopefully after we have moved and got settled everything will change and I will have some minded children and another income coming in. I have already thought about a risk assessment for our new house (not known yet tho) and I already have everything safety wise and to get me started.

loocyloo
14-08-2012, 08:54 AM
good luck xxx

i am sure there are minders from sheffield here who can support you . have fun in the next adventure :D