PDA

View Full Version : FIRST INSPECTION ON FRI - IN A PANIC!!

newbieminder12
13-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Ok so I'm not the most organised person and I'm not fully up to date on my paperwork but I am in the middle of doing it now!

My main concern is that I was minding for a family friends 3 children for about 4 months, after telling her that her 7yr old girl had been hard work (in so many words) on a particular day and that I would work with her to try and distract the behaviour she took it all the wrong way and said I was pushing her out and she felt I was moaning at her! I explained this was not the case and that I loved having her kids etc anyway since she has blocked/deleted and whatever else me and we have not spoke.. I am worried that I didn't do any 'end of contract' paperwork i.e. questionnaires or whatever I'm not sure what I was supposed to do?

Also does anyone have any suggestions for things to keep the kids amused and not mischievous when Mrs O is here? I have a 2.5 year old, 6 year old and my son who is nearly 2? I'm thinking of getting my mum to have my son but then thinking Mrs O may not like this as it's not a true likeness of my normal day?

Thanks

sarah707
13-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Ofsted are not normally interested in children who have left - unless they spot a problem in your paperwork, so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Keep children in their normal routine or you will find them restless .

Good luck! :D

Demonjill
13-08-2012, 10:32 PM
What's a normal day?:laughing:

My kids sometimes spend time with their grams and grandads so there is no harm in this!
You need to do what you think will make things easier.
Personally my inspection would be easier if my kids were there....but they are 8&14 :laughing: so will be at school!

I can choose day and rough time for inspection so obviously I'm going to pick the easiest and best day:D would be daft not to:thumbsup:

Good luck

Wheelybug
14-08-2012, 05:41 AM
I agree with Sarah, try to keep things as normal as possible. I had quite a good routine (snacktime etc) established by the time Ofsted visited and this worked quite well. I didn't plan any big activities, just went with the flow:) I do remember that songs didn't quite go to plan, I had my own 4 year old daughter and two 1 1/2 year old minees who both got up and wandered off during the songs. I remember trying desperately to think what I should do, carry on singing with my daughter (would that look bad and would she think I was favouring my child, but if I stopped my daughter might kick off!), drag them back, or stop the activity. In the end I carried on singing a couple more songs with my daughter and she never even mentioned it! Personally if it was one of my children and they were 2 I would probably give them to grandparents for the day as I know they would play me up and are too young to bribe! You know you own child and whether they will help or hinder you on the day.

Cathy
www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/CathysChildminding

miffy
20-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Hope it went well for you :)

Miffy xx

newbieminder12
13-09-2012, 05:23 PM
It went fab.. I got a 'GOOD' I was over the moon as I didn't even think I would get satisfactory for my first inspection!!

Thanks all!:clapping:

silvermist
13-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Yay!! Well done, glass of wine time!:clapping::clapping:

sarah707
13-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Well done you! :clapping: