PDA

View Full Version : Closing ceremony - wow!

sarak31
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Who's watching - it's so good so far am bouncing around on my sofa like a mad person clapping along - dh thinks I am mad!

Loving it!

desiderata
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I m screaming , singing and crying too xx its brilliant XX
look on you tube too the gb team singing we are the champions its amazing !!

Greengrass74
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Is it my hearing or was Prince Harry introduced as Prince Henry over the loudspeakers :eek:. Did anyone else hear it.

Bear23
12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Is it my hearing or was Prince Harry introduced as Prince Henry over the loudspeakers :eek:. Did anyone else hear it.

apparently thats his name :confused:

jumpinjen
12-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I have it on record to watch tomorrow afternoon with my girls when the babies are sleeping!! I watched the openiong ceremony without them and then they watched it recorded and it wasn't the same!!

Jen x

clareelizabeth1
12-08-2012, 08:56 PM

Yes asked oh if I had been calling him by the wrong name for years. But turns out for once in my life I am the one who got the name right lol

rickysmiths
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM

He is Prince Henry! Henrys are often called Harry.

Bear23
13-08-2012, 06:35 AM
He is Prince Henry! Henrys are often called Harry.

I feel thick, i have never known this :blush:

kindredspirits
13-08-2012, 06:45 AM
I found the level of illuminati symbolism scary tbh. They built a frigging pyramid in the middle of the stadium in front of everyone - they had a 'mock' sacrifice in front of the illuminated pyramid - it was dark and disturbing on many many levels.
Although I did wish that the world could really just get together and enjoy singing and dancing without the pretence of an occult ritual ;)

loocyloo
13-08-2012, 06:56 AM
i thought it was wonderful.

i especially loved eric idle and 'always look on the bright side'

funny to see the spice girls again ... posh didn't look that comfortable and scary looked as if she hasn't done that for a long time. thought the other 3 looked good. i was never a big spice girls fan though. :D