PDA

View Full Version : AHH!! Got my first enquiry!

Chrysalis
10-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi all, I'm new. I:eek: got my registration certificate through yesterday and immediately posted off my insurance forms and everything else I have had ready for weeks lol. Advertising for September start. I just got an email from someone wanting me to look after her boy. I said I'd give her a call next week to have a chat....... What on earth do I say??? I'm rubbish on the phone lol. And I don't quite have everything in place yet...... getting there with all the additional policies not covered on CHiP course and working through the e-books on childcare.co.uk......... Any ideas on what to say on the phone would be very very appreciated! I'm very nervous lol!
:eek:

Buttonsjan
16-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Well done, I'm still waiting for phone calls!

How did they find you if you don't mind me asking?

Jan

Chrysalis
06-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi sorry taken so long to reply to you! I still don't have any children :( the lady who came to visit was very keen but then had some issues with school so has decided to stay at home. I think she found me on Gumtree.

Have you had any luck?

Kerry

cas2805
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Ready for your next call and you will get another one soon, jut answer their questions and invite them around to meet you. I am not great on the phone and find it much easier face to face. I have a website and most parents view that first, so less for me to say as they know a bit about me already. Had an interview today and she said she knew I was the right person just from my website and wants to sign up straight away!

Wishing you all the luck and fingers crossed x

Wiggle Wiggle
06-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Ready for your next call and you will get another one soon, jut answer their questions and invite them around to meet you. I am not great on the phone and find it much easier face to face. I have a website and most parents view that first, so less for me to say as they know a bit about me already. Had an interview today and she said she knew I was the right person just from my website and wants to sign up straight away!

Wishing you all the luck and fingers crossed x

Hello,

I am a newly registered childminder as well as waiting on enquiries and the first visit. I like the idea that a website works so well for you. Could you possibly send on a link for your website so that I can take a look please? Thanking you.

Wiggle:)

cas2805
07-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Hello,

I am a newly registered childminder as well as waiting on enquiries and the first visit. I like the idea that a website works so well for you. Could you possibly send on a link for your website so that I can take a look please? Thanking you.

Wiggle:)

No problem, always great to bump my website up, helps on Google

www.cbchildcare.co.uk

My husband does it for me, he also get me up on Google, so if anyone does a search for childminders in my area, I come up! Let me know if you need any other advice, are you on Netmums yet?

Chrysalis
09-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Your website looks great. I recognise the hippo on the front page! haha. Think I definitely need to put some photos on my website. If you have time (anyone!) take a look and any opinions would be great :) www.chrysalischildminding.co.uk thank you!

I had another phonecall yesterday and one today too! First is coming to see me Monday so fingers crossed! The second was a little odd... just wanted a couple of days in half term and said she'll 'pop in' one day after the school run. I was a bit baffled so agreed and wish I hadn't now... I guess we live and learn!

miffy
09-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Your website looks great. I recognise the hippo on the front page! haha. Think I definitely need to put some photos on my website. If you have time (anyone!) take a look and any opinions would be great :) www.chrysalischildminding.co.uk thank you!

I had another phonecall yesterday and one today too! First is coming to see me Monday so fingers crossed! The second was a little odd... just wanted a couple of days in half term and said she'll 'pop in' one day after the school run. I was a bit baffled so agreed and wish I hadn't now... I guess we live and learn!

Good luck with the parent visits.

Miffy xx

cas2805
09-09-2012, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE=Chrysalis;1155071]Your website looks great. I recognise the hippo on the front page! haha. Think I definitely need to put some photos on my website. If you have time (anyone!) take a look and any opinions would be great :) www.chrysalischildminding.co.uk thank you!

Yes the hippo! I want to delete the photo as a child in it left recently, under bad terms, but I love the photo, especially as it is unusual to have a photo with me in!

Your site looks great, looks like you have everything covered. The only thing I would say, is I was advised on here to remove my registration number. As there are parents out there who look up our numbers to make false claims:angry: I do have a link to my Ofsted inspection though, I know they can get it through there, but it is a little less obvious. Good luck with the meeting x

Wiggle Wiggle
20-09-2012, 07:56 PM
No problem, always great to bump my website up, helps on Google

www.cbchildcare.co.uk

My husband does it for me, he also get me up on Google, so if anyone does a search for childminders in my area, I come up! Let me know if you need any other advice, are you on Netmums yet?

Thank you, Cas2805 for sharing.Wow! you have a lovely website! You are very lucky to have your husband who is able to help with this. No I am not on Netmums yet? Have you found it has worked for you?

Thank you, again.

Chrysalis
22-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Noted on the Ofsted number! I'll remove it now :) It's a shame tax credits don't check with the registered person that they are actually providing the care! I bet they give out a lot of money for fake claims!

I'm still waiting for work, I'm getting really disheartened now :( I've worked so hard to get my house/insurance (car & PL)/etc. ready for childminding and I'm starting to feel it was all a total waste of time and money!

cas2805
22-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Thank you, Cas2805 for sharing.Wow! you have a lovely website! You are very lucky to have your husband who is able to help with this. No I am not on Netmums yet? Have you found it has worked for you?

Thank you, again.

Yes Netmums has helped my business, I do babysitting as well, and definitely got work from there, usually about one a month!

Have you got a poster up in your local children's centre? Some centres have a book that parents can look at too, worth asking. Do you do a school run, some schools have a list of childminders that go to their school, just in case a parent asks. Keep going, will get work soon x