PDA

View Full Version : I must be mad but i have just ordered

FussyElmo
10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
an archery set for the children for the garden.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-36-10lb-Childs-Recurve-Archery-Bow-Set-FREE-POSTAGE-/280839519385?pt=UK_Archery&hash=item416356fc99

Not sure my chickens or dogs are going to thank me that i have armed my little cherubs :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

charleyfarley
10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I hope their aim is good or you could be having a lot of chicken for tea :laughing:

Carol xx

The Juggler
10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
haha good luck with that one honey!

AliceK
10-08-2012, 10:52 AM
You're braver than me :eek:

xxx

rickysmiths
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Gosh you are very brave. I wouldn't touch a set like this :eek:

mrs_scottydog
10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Hope thy have fun and you still have some chickens left when they have finished!
I don't have any chickens but I do have a DH who regularly practises with his bow in the garden in the evenings. Hx

Boris
10-08-2012, 12:52 PM
:eek: Rather you than me! Haha! I would be freaking out!

loocyloo
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
:D yes, you are mad!

enjoy! x

Chimps Childminding
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Brave!!!! Very brave!!!! or very ?????????????????

Certainly couldn't have it with my mindees :panic:

zippy
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
an archery set for the children for the garden.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-36-10lb-Childs-Recurve-Archery-Bow-Set-FREE-POSTAGE-/280839519385?pt=UK_Archery&hash=item416356fc99

Not sure my chickens or dogs are going to thank me that i have armed my little cherubs :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Was not expecting that lol, wet myself laughing, got images of 3 year olds running around harpooning chickens for the bbq

FussyElmo
10-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Was not expecting that lol, wet myself laughing, got images of 3 year olds running around harpooning chickens for the bbq

You've meet my children then :laughing::laughing::laughing:I do have images of the lord of the flies :laughing:

In my defence it has ben brought for my children not the mindees. More so for my eldest ds who did it at school and found he enjoyed it. He has dyspraxia so we encourage anything like this.

However logically i am nuts as I have been looking at fencing foils too :eek: Oh and a pommel horse or balance beam

AliceK
10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
You've meet my children then :laughing::laughing::laughing:I do have images of the lord of the flies :laughing:

In my defence it has ben brought for my children not the mindees. More so for my eldest ds who did it at school and found he enjoyed it. He has dyspraxia so we encourage anything like this.

However logically i am nuts as I have been looking at fencing foils too :eek: Oh and a pommel horse or balance beam

Have you had too much sun???

xxx

FussyElmo
10-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Have you had too much sun???

xxx

:ROFL1::ROFL1:

I blame the olympics and the sun. And the worse of it Im probably the sanest in the house ;) :laughing:

loocyloo
10-08-2012, 08:06 PM
ooo, i've got a couple of fencing foils! although they are at my mums house somewhere!

i love the feel of a foil. it balances beautifully in your hand. ( and it has a plastic button on the end so it can't spike anyone :D )

i fenced for a few years in my late teens. every now again i think about starting again! just a shame i wasn't that good at it!

FussyElmo
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
ooo, i've got a couple of fencing foils! although they are at my mums house somewhere!

i love the feel of a foil. it balances beautifully in your hand. ( and it has a plastic button on the end so it can't spike anyone :D )

i fenced for a few years in my late teens. every now again i think about starting again! just a shame i wasn't that good at it!

Ds did fencing too last year they came to school. He really enjoyed that too. He loves sports its just he just never going to be fantastic at them so we try alot of different ones for him.

Youngest ds however has just asked if he can have a go at pole vault :eek:
I bet ebay has one :idea:

loocyloo
10-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Youngest ds however has just asked if he can have a go at pole vault :eek:
I bet ebay has one :idea:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: i've always wondered how people get into pole vaulting and do they wake up one day and say 'hmmm' that looks like fun! :D

luckily my ds is into swimming and diving - but i won't be building a pool!

FussyElmo
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: i've always wondered how people get into pole vaulting and do they wake up one day and say 'hmmm' that looks like fun! :D

luckily my ds is into swimming and diving - but i won't be building a pool!

Got to admit I have thought the same - how and why did someone invent it. Oh here is a bendy stick which may break and lets see how high we can jump with it :)

louise
10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
My ds loves archery, so can you let me know what it's like, please. He got the set from next in April but it broke within a month. :-( since then he has gone up to cubs and they did it at camp and one week at cubs. He loved it and has decided that he wants it for his party next year. He has a 5 week place on the sat course too. He has nf which mainly for him affects his gross and fine motor skills, so like your son it's great for him. X

FussyElmo
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
My ds loves archery, so can you let me know what it's like, please. He got the set from next in April but it broke within a month. :-( since then he has gone up to cubs and they did it at camp and one week at cubs. He loved it and has decided that he wants it for his party next year. He has a 5 week place on the sat course too. He has nf which mainly for him affects his gross and fine motor skills, so like your son it's great for him. X

Will do :thumbsup: