PDA

View Full Version : Meeting my first possible client

Maritte16
08-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Please help! - what docs do I need to show parents? I've had most of my policies from Bromley website, it's over 50 copies & I don't want to put off this parents by handing the heavy folder with all my policies & procedures.

Do I include contract now? Im going to use NCMA but haven't got it yet, can I use temporary contract then change it to NCMA later?

Thank you for all your help!

Xxx

rickysmiths
08-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I have a parent information folder. This has in it:

A Welcome to my setting Page with my Logo
A copy of my latest Ofsted Report
A copy of my latest Ofsted Cert
A copy of my first Aid Cert
A copy of my Brochure
A page written from NCMA website about the benefits of home based care
A few photos of my home and children doing different activities
A copy of my Public Liability Insurance Cert
A one sided sheet with 'A Typical Day'
Sample Menus
Blank Contract
Parental Responsibility Form
Next of Kin Form
Child Information Form
Blank All About Me Form
Copy of Daily Diary Sheet
Consent Form this lists all the permissions I ask for, Consent for medical attention, I list all my Policies (I have 13 on 9 pages), Complaints Procedure and then ask for them to sign to say they have read, agree to and have received a copy of all the documents.
Copy of all my Policies
Copy of my Complaints Procedure
A poem 'When your child comes home messy'
Some info supporting my not using Socket Covers
The Parents Guide to EYFS
Copy of HPA Guidance on infection control in schools and other childcare settings.
HPA List of Notifiable Diseases

It all fits into one of the pocket display folders. It is a 40 page one but only 30 pages are full.

angeldelight
08-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Lots of good advice there from RS

Good luck

Angel xx

Maritte16
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you very much RS! it gives me an idea. Do you charge parent for this copies or do they give it back to you if they decided not use your service?

xxx

bunyip
09-08-2012, 01:33 PM
When I get an interested enquirer, I take my Parents' Information Folder round to their house. That way we're introduced and they get to know a little bit before they visit.

Next step, they visit me to look round, chat, ask questions, etc. (or I collect the guide back if they decide not to take it any further, so I never lose the guide.) If they're still happy, they take away all the forms to fill in at home, but not the contract.

We then meet up again to check all the paperwork and do the contract.

It does mean a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, but we all find it preferable to having to do a lot all in one go.